H.I.D wattage

Thread: H.I.D wattage

H.I.D wattage

Has anyone put a 55 watt HID kit in your wing yet?? I love the brightness they bring to my car but I was not sure if the wings wires could handle the draw. Thanks

Shawn
    2013 F6B in fast black. Lots of extras.
    2007 Suzuki M109R LE
    2000 Honda CBR 929 RR
    1992 GSXR 1100R W/1153 BIG BORE
    1995 Suzuki Katana 750 first bike

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADF6B View Post
    Has anyone put a 55 watt HID kit in your wing yet?? I love the brightness they bring to my car but I was not sure if the wings wires could handle the draw. Thanks
    Shawn
    Personally, I wouldn't be as concerned about the wattage as the heat generated. After all, the stock bulbs are 55W halogens so obviously, the electrical system can handle it. AFAIK, most of those upgrading to HID are going with 35W bulbs. With that setup, you use less power and enjoy far greater light down-the-road. The best part of that upgrade is not melting the reflector housings .
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't be as concerned about the wattage as the heat generated. After all, the stock bulbs are 55W halogens so obviously, the electrical system can handle it. AFAIK, most of those upgrading to HID are going with 35W bulbs. With that setup, you use less power and enjoy far greater light down-the-road. The best part of that upgrade is not melting the reflector housings .
    Agreed. I was just reading the other thread that you were talking about the HIDs. How long have you had your so Cal kit?? I just dont wanna spend the money and then they burn out in 2 years. My other bikes setup has been on it since 09 with no problems. Its a lumenez kit. They're 200 bucks but have proven there worth. . Thanks
    2007 Suzuki M109R LE
    2000 Honda CBR 929 RR

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADF6B View Post
    Agreed. I was just reading the other thread that you were talking about the HIDs. How long have you had your so Cal kit?? I just dont wanna spend the money and then they burn out in 2 years. My other bikes setup has been on it since 09 with no problems. Its a lumenez kit. They're 200 bucks but have proven there worth. . Thanks
    I sold my SoCalMoto HID's and am currently running bright halogens. Overall, I still think HID's are a good solution but certainly not perfect. My main issue with the HID's was light scatter and a resulting loss in clean cutoff. My plan was to convert to LED's but so far have not found what I like. Eventually, that will be the way to go and, in fact, I'm confident future Goldwings will come with LED headlights.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    I sold my SoCalMoto HID's and am currently running bright halogens. Overall, I still think HID's are a good solution but certainly not perfect. My main issue with the HID's was light scatter and a resulting loss in clean cutoff. My plan was to convert to LED's but so far have not found what I like. Eventually, that will be the way to go and, in fact, I'm confident future Goldwings will come with LED headlights.
    Thats what I am using not silverstar ultras.
    2007 Suzuki M109R LE
    2000 Honda CBR 929 RR

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]