Public Reactions to Your F6B - Page 2
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Public Reactions to Your F6B

Best reaction I've had was from a good friend who is a long time, hard core Harley owner. When I showed up on his driveway with my F6B last summer all he said was " that would be his next bike". Even a couple of his buds were impressed and one is a wrench at the local HD dealer.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Around here, people (non riders & riders) are pretty benign about bikes or others' bikes. I've had my "6" for one riding season and the only comment I've had was at a gas stop in Southern Indiana while on my way to the Smokies. An older(than me) guy asked if it was the new Honda Model. Said he had seen pictures of it and thought it was purty kool. He was "tuned in".

"Wow, that looks like a big sport bike"
    "I miss the chrome" my girl really liked the 98 Valk I traded in for the 6 "At least it's RED"

Personal - "damn, it's just a big VFR" That little epiphany came to me sittin in the garage, with 6 inches of snow in the driveway, lookin at the 6 sittin next to my 00 VFR. The familial resemblance is unmistakeable in the lines of the fairings, single sided swingarm, aluminum perimeter box section frame, atypical engine configuration, and way more capable than the spec sheets would have you believe.

My first road trip last year was a ride down the Jersey Shore ... Was cruising thru Asbury park and had a cop next to me and my girl on the back ... Got the nice bike from the LEO .

I bought my F6B in August last year so I haven't been to any events with mostly longer rides.
    But I have noticed that the Valkyrie is still more of attention getter. Hard to complete with chrome.

almost to much attention. Exiting a Target finding 3 guys circling the bike, stopped for a burger on a small group ride a guy in stopped in traffic hopped out and started asking about the F6! Harley_Davidson Museum nights my 6'er gets about 6 curious guys around it. In the month of riding time before the winter shut us down more attention then all my other bikes combined!
    Riding with a HD guy had to swear I did nothing to the engine (he had a CVO) afraid to tell him what you can get a 6 for, or that you'll not be repairing the engine every 25,000 miles

Who cares what others think about the motorcycle I ride, I paid for I certainly don't care what they think. Of those people who are negativity most are pretenders, sheep who are owners not riders. Over the years I have gotten my belly full of people who care about what I ride.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doug K9CRT
    Decatur, IL
    2013 F6b (Red)
    Cage 2016 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
    Cage in Avatar Honda S2000

Quote Originally Posted by Doug44 View Post
    Who cares what others think about the motorcycle I ride, I paid for I certainly don't care what they think. Of those people who are negativity most are pretenders, sheep who are owners not riders. Over the years I have gotten my belly full of people who care about what I ride.
    do I CARE what they think? meh...am I interested in what the response is to this machine...yes- I guess I'm not as ____________[?] as you.I'm also sure we share a somewhat contrarian approach though.

Constantly getting reactions to the bike, all positive. People shout through rolled down car windows at stop lights, "What is it...that's a nice bike!" things like that. Never rode anything except for my old sidecar that generated this kind of reaction from people. If nothing else, it's a nice way to break the ice, have a nice conversation and leave someone smiling.
    ss^,
    Ken

I have heard many of the same remarks mentioned so far. Recently a friend of my daughter said "dude, that is SICK"..........I think that's a compliment, but not sure.