I am short 5' 8" 30" inseam
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I am short 5' 8" 30" inseam

I am short 5' 8" 30" inseam

I am short 5' 8" with a 30" inseam. I test rode the bike and it could work but I am not completely flat footed.
    We all know how much better it feels at a light when there is dust or a hole when you can put your foot down firmly.
    These bikes are very heavy and once they start to go it they are tough to stop unless you have good footing.

On my Harley I put on a different seat, 14" mini ape handlebars and it made all the difference. It felt like the bike was made for me.

What do you guys recommend for ergonomic changes if any?

Thank you,

Steve

to the board !!!

Mustang seat, Progressive lowering front suspension ..... others will chime in on which of our vendors has these items!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I'm the same size as you and I have no problem flat footing at a stop. I have the stock seat but a Mustang is an inch lower.

I can probably get away with the stock bike / but if I slip on gravel or road dust etc... It would be more comfortable a little lower.

How is the Mustang seat?

How much does the front progrssive suspension lower the bike?

Can you lower the rear with the adjustable ride?

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    I am short 5' 8" with a 30" inseam. I test rode the bike and it could work but I am not completely flat footed.
    We all know how much better it feels at a light when there is dust or a hole when you can put your foot down firmly.
    These bikes are very heavy and once they start to go it they are tough to stop unless you have good footing.

On my Harley I put on a different seat, 14" mini ape handlebars and it made all the difference. It felt like the bike was made for me.

What do you guys recommend for ergonomic changes if any?

Thank you,

Steve
    I am 5' 9" with a 29" inseam and 75 years old...I installed a 1" lower Mustang seat, had a local bootmaker put 1/2" higher soles and heels on my riding boots, and I am "good to go"....Many other riders on the board, I'm sure, have other ideas which will work...I personally am not a fan of lowering the suspension, or changing the bars, but whatever works for you.....Ride safe...

One other option is to use the "Lower Wing Products" Suspension Lowering Bracket.
    It lowers the bike 3/4", 1" or 1 1/4” under stock height, looks bad ass too!

I'm 5'6" 30 inch inseam. Going from my VTX1800, which I dropped the seat height to 23"H x 12"w, to the B is a serious transition. Initially I had planned on trimming the seat and possible lowering the suspension. However, I have kind of adapted to the bike. After a few thousand miles I really don't feel as awkward. I still may trim the seat down but it isn't nearly as imperative to me as it was on day one. Of course every Time I get back on the VTX I reconsider it.

Attachment 11891

Steven welcome to the forum. I am 5'7" with 29" inseam sitting in the stock seat I have to tippy toe at lights, but if I get my bottom off the seat and stand I'm flat footed.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

I'm 5' 8" with a 30 " inseam and I don't really have a problem. I have a Corbin seat. The seat is narrower towards the front which helps.

Mustang vs Ultimate seats

The stock seat is wide in the front, any ideas about the MUSTANG seats vs Ultimate Seats ?
    I have asked the local dealer to replace stock seat with Mustang seat ,to test the fit , but I have to plan
    ahead since the F6B seat is bolted on and it takes time to change out.
    Thank you for the information on the Corbin seat being narrower upfront.