USB memory stick
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: USB memory stick

USB memory stick

I would like to buy a USB memory stick. Are there any specific size or type requirements for these that will work on the 2013 F6B stock stereo?
    How well do these work? Can you just plug it in and turn your stereo on, select USB input and then see all your songs through the stereo?
    Is this higher quality or louder and clearer than the auxiliary input (analog) versus USB (digital)?
    Do you guys have any advice about this?

It seems like the way to go because using this to provide music will save the battery on my cell phone for GPS and phone calls only.

Do you guys run your cell phone plugged into the accessory power supply added inide the left side glove box? or on a mount?
    Do you have any recommendations for how to mount the cell phone?

Thank you,

Steve

I use a memory stick and am very happy with it, If I recall correctly you have to put your songs in folders that contain up to (250) songs each, double check that number in your owners manual. You can then play your music either by folder or completely random, I have about 1200 +/- songs on my memory stick and add more whenever I get something I like. Another tip is to rip the songs at the highest bitrate?/ quality possible for best results. Finally a small piece of Velcro applied to the stick and the inside of the saddlebag will hold the stick in place.
    JAYGO

While this is a really good option..I keep my music on my phone and am always adding to my library I just purchased one of these...can't wait to try it out.Attachment 12102
    When a Man Lies He Murders
    Some Part of the World
    These Are the Pale Deaths Which
    Men Miscall Their Lives
    All this I Cannot Bear
    to Witness Any Longer......

Digital music and digital photography have passed me by. I just listen to the radio. Might have to figure out this memory stick thing someday.

I have a SANDISK brand thumb or flash drive. It is a 64 Gig. I don't have it anywhere close to being full. The one I have has a micro USB on one side and a regular USB on the other. I just simply load MP3s from my computer through Windows Media. Works like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    I would like to buy a USB memory stick. Are there any specific size or type requirements for these that will work on the 2013 F6B stock stereo?
    How well do these work? Can you just plug it in and turn your stereo on, select USB input and then see all your songs through the stereo?
    Is this higher quality or louder and clearer than the auxiliary input (analog) versus USB (digital)?
    Do you guys have any advice about this?

It seems like the way to go because using this to provide music will save the battery on my cell phone for GPS and phone calls only.

Do you guys run your cell phone plugged into the accessory power supply added inide the left side glove box? or on a mount?
    Do you have any recommendations for how to mount the cell phone?

Thank you,

Steve
    Steve, the USB memory stick with music is the only way to go IMO. I just watched the sales and bought a 64G @ Best Buy for under $25. I now have thousands of songs including the top 100 songs from 1946-2010 and this stick has a bunch of space left to add more. Once you get the hang of selecting the music to play over the F6 it is wonderful.

As for my phone I keep it on my waist and blue tooth it into my helmet with a Sena unit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doug K9CRT
    Decatur, IL
    2013 F6b (Red)
    Cage 2016 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
    Cage in Avatar Honda S2000

Well I just did it
    Put a couple of thousand songs on a stick and stuck it in with Velcro.
    And yah can up and down the songs using the Channel change on the radio
    The Ipod's retired
    just flasher than a rat with a gold tooth

Song Management

How do you guys manage songs, I don't want to scroll through thousands of songs while riding.
    The owners manual says folders can have eight level hierarchy, but it only reads the bottom level.
    I've got 194 folders on a 16gb stick and I'm finding it's unmanageable.

The Wingstuff software suggests using 16 folders maximum with 99 songs each.

IIRC the F6 system recognizes 65,000+ mp3's... but they have to be organized in folders with each folder having no more than 255 mp3's. Forget what anybody might say, just look in the owners manual.

In the root folder on my USB flash I have a series of folders called Music1, Music2, Music3, etc. I normally just set the system to A.RDM which is "all random" and it randomly selects music from all of my folders.

Also, my folders are alphabetized, so if I want to find a specific song I just use the fairing knobs to navigate the folders.