USB memory stick - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: USB memory stick

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    I would like to buy a USB memory stick. Are there any specific size or type requirements for these that will work on the 2013 F6B stock stereo?
    How well do these work? Can you just plug it in and turn your stereo on, select USB input and then see all your songs through the stereo?
    Is this higher quality or louder and clearer than the auxiliary input (analog) versus USB (digital)?
    Do you guys have any advice about this?

It seems like the way to go because using this to provide music will save the battery on my cell phone for GPS and phone calls only.

Do you guys run your cell phone plugged into the accessory power supply added inide the left side glove box? or on a mount?
    Do you have any recommendations for how to mount the cell phone?

Thank you,

Steve
    Kingston thumb drives are on the money:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o03_s00

Buy it, load it, plug it in and go

Walmart had the Sandisc 32g for $8.49 a week or so ago..I put over a 1000 songs in several folders of 255 and had tons of room left right before Franklin....................Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

Hey I have been messing with iTunes for about 2 hours now and can't figure out what file extension to use. I got one to 1/2 work. So I am wondering what file type are yall using or how can I get them from iTunes to the usb?

Download

Does music have to be downloaded from I-Tunes or is there some other way to download music onto flash drive?

Quote Originally Posted by Pondrocket View Post
    Hey I have been messing with iTunes for about 2 hours now and can't figure out what file extension to use. I got one to 1/2 work. So I am wondering what file type are yall using or how can I get them from iTunes to the usb?
    MP3 at good quality works for me. Then copy the files to the flash drive.

Almost 2 years later it still isn't right. I put 99 songs on 8 folders. It will play the 1st folder just fine. When it gets to song 33 or 34 in the second folder, it won't play it anymore. If I FF to folder 7, it will play all them and stop at 33 or 34 in folder 8. Warranty issue? I've done everything that has been suggested on the forum but it still isn't right. I've got almost 1TB of music on my hard drive in the house but to only be able to listen to a few songs is nerve wracking.

Quote Originally Posted by junkyarddog View Post
    Almost 2 years later it still isn't right. I put 99 songs on 8 folders. It will play the 1st folder just fine. When it gets to song 33 or 34 in the second folder, it won't play it anymore. If I FF to folder 7, it will play all them and stop at 33 or 34 in folder 8. Warranty issue? I've done everything that has been suggested on the forum but it still isn't right. I've got almost 1TB of music on my hard drive in the house but to only be able to listen to a few songs is nerve wracking.
    Are they saved in the same music format and quality setting?

I had a bunch of songs in a different MP3 quality setting, and they wouldn't play. Changed them to a different quality setting and they worked.

Quote Originally Posted by junkyarddog View Post

I was having the same problem, I moved all the songs into one folder, works great now

I did that Will. At song 133 or 134, it stops. I suppose I could do it again just to make sure. Thanks

Pilot....I'll double check that too. Absolutely all in MP3 format. I'll check it out.