Does our bike save us money?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does our bike save us money?

Does our bike save us money?

Ran across this article on Revzilla and thought it was pretty topical. Always playing the justification game on why I need a new seat, pipes, helibars, lights, and those other necessities.

“But Honey, think of all the money I’ll save!”

"This one worked better when a gallon of petrol cost north of $4, but it’s an old standby for anyone who needs to justify a motorcycle purchase to a significant other. Superficially, it sounds plausible. But usually, it’s a lie."
    Attachment 12135
    "One of these people is saving money by riding a motorcycle. One is not. Left: Photo by Jon Ng. Right: Honda photo."

Quote Originally Posted by ReserveBum View Post
    Ran across this article on Revzilla and thought it was pretty topical. Always playing the justification game on why I need a new seat, pipes, helibars, lights, and those other necessities.

“But Honey, think of all the money I’ll save!”

"This one worked better when a gallon of petrol cost north of $4, but it’s an old standby for anyone who needs to justify a motorcycle purchase to a significant other. Superficially, it sounds plausible. But usually, it’s a lie."
    Attachment 12135
    "One of these people is saving money by riding a motorcycle. One is not. Left: Photo by Jon Ng. Right: Honda photo."
    Even at $4 a gallon for gas, which I hope I never see again, it is hard to justify any money savings on a motorcycle...I could buy a "boat load" of gas for all the money I have spent on Cobra pipes, Mustang seat, Baggershield, Kury grips, etc. custom paint and a bunch of other "needed" motorcycle stuff....But then, where is the fun in that!!!!

For me the justification isn't that it will save me money, it is that it is equal to a car and way more fun. We needed a second car, I chose a bike that I could rely on in all situations instead. It probably costs me about the same on a yearly basis as gas savings are offset by tires and goodies, but I come home happier and justify my "toys".

My bike is an absolute money pit!!! I would be rich if I did not own it !!!! Fact…
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I get better mileage in my Prius, so my answer is no.
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

With all the mods I've done it's as if I've been looking for ways to spend money on this ride But hey, that's part of the fun, right? So no...saving money had nothing to do with buying this bike!
    Ken (Hornblower)

Damn straight your bike saves money. What do shrinks charge to listen about the wife not allowing bike ownership?

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Who really cares it if saves money.Way less then paying for head shrink and my goal is to drop dead when I spend my last dime-screw the kids they can make there own like momma and I did.

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    Who really cares it if saves money.Way less then paying for head shrink and my goal is to drop dead when I spend my last dime-screw the kids they can make there own like momma and I did.
    Amen brother!
    A biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a moving car window.

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    +1