Greatest Generation
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Greatest Generation

Greatest Generation

I'm Happy

It took 52 years, but I feel I found that kind of love and it feels great.

Yup; good stuff.

I had neighbors for many years...they were married over 70 years at the time...ending up dying with in weeks of each other probably from heartache !

Not to much of this anymore!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

It's funny how that works.

I also knew an old coupe who met as babies, married as teens, lived happily married for 70+ years, and then died naturally within weeks of each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I had neighbors for many years...they were married over 70 years at the time...ending up dying with in weeks of each other probably from heartache !

Not to much of this anymore!
    Held my Grandmother in my arms when she died
    Her husband a short stocky bloke who worked in the bush all his life, leaned over and kissed her whispered her name and a month later he also passed away.
    Hard man, 1 heart attack and a plastic hip and still working in the bush.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridlikhel View Post
    It took 52 years, but I feel I found that kind of love and it feels great.
    I know exactly what you mean, in 2006 I met up with my first love from 1975 at a local beach, we'll be married 7 years this year. Life goes from black and white to Technicolor.

Alfred Bettencourt belated Bronze Star Purple Heart

About time

JOHNSTON, R.I. – A World War II veteran from Rhode Island finally received the military honors he earned in combat while in the Army.

Eighty-nine-year-old Alfred Bettencourt, of Cranston, was presented with the Bronze Star, Purple Heart and other medals on Monday afternoon at the Morgan Health Center in Johnston.

U.S. Sen. Jack Reed hosted the surprise ceremony that was planned by Bettencourt's family and the Cranston police and fire departments. They worked with Reed's office to obtain the medals Bettencourt earned.

Bettencourt was 18 when he was wounded in France on Dec. 12, 1944. His military records were destroyed in a fire in 1973.

More than 855,000 World War II veterans were alive as of Jan. 1, according to data from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.

Approximately 16 million Americans served in the war.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    I know exactly what you mean, in 2006 I met up with my first love from 1975 at a local beach, we'll be married 7 years this year. Life goes from black and white to Technicolor.
    Lucky 7 - Lucky you . Don't forget to invite me for "7th anniversaries' wedding" cake . Does she has a sister ?

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    Lucky 7 - Lucky you . Don't forget to invite me for "7th anniversaries' wedding" cake . Does she has a sister ?
    It took me 3 times, 2 divorces, 2 set of lawyers I should have gotten the Purple Heart. She doesn't have a sister but I'll look into a cousin for you.