Said "Hi" to the 6 Today.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Said "Hi" to the 6 Today.

Said "Hi" to the 6 Today.

I put my 6 into Winter storage the 3rd week of October and haven't seen her since. Well, she was there in the garage, but under a cover all that time. Today, I figured it was time to take a peek and see if she had aged well over the Winter. Off came the cover and WOW, she is still as beautiful as the last time I saw her.
    I aired up the tires, they had only lost 2 - 3 psi in all that time. Pushed her off the center stand to the front of the garage, turned the key, pushed the start button and she leaped to life instantly. I could tell that she wanted to get out on the street, but I reminded her that the streets were still covered with salt dust and we needed a good rain to wash the dust away before getting out for some exercise. That rain should come this weekend.
    I've only had her for one riding season which amounted to 6300 miles so I'm kinda antsy to get out again. I hope that the rest of you who put your bikes away for the Winter will soon be out & about again.

The good times are right around the corner.

Cool

I took my trailer out of hibernation today to head to the Keys tomorrow...does that count ? Sorry....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Yes right around the corner.
    Last year on 3/11 I took a 200+mile ride yes it was 50 degrees BUT the salt the dust the cinders and then in the mountains it was not 50 I was jammed up in my sinuses for weeks. Just to say I was out. I don't know. This year same day same temperature, but frost line must have been 3foot deep this year roads are popped up 6"or more potholes the size of buicks.I will wait this year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I took my trailer out of hibernation today to head to the Keys tomorrow...does that count ? Sorry....
    McConnell's Pub on Duval, one of the top 3 Reuben sandwiches I've ever had in my life, but I'm sure you know.

I'm like you I plan on starting it up today but I might go for a very short ride I live in the country on a side black top road. It sees very little salt.

Don't even trust myself to pull the cover off. Doing my best to ignore the silent protests of a over eager 6 cylinder engine!!

The temperature was good here in Calgary last night about 14 Celsius (57 F) so I took her out for a short scoot. SOOO good! But there is a lot of pea-gravel at every corner of every intersection which is like riding on marbles. You gotta be extra cautious for the first month or so.

I'm right there with you guys. I still have two feet of snow on my deck. We have had lots of sunshine lately and the weather is warming up above freezing for the first time since December. I live on a private gravel road out in the country that is not plowed by the town. Even when the main roads are finally clear and dry I can't get to them until the snow on my road has melted and firmed up enough to ride on. Very frustrating in the early spring.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Exploring the world, one road at a time.

Great weather this weekend for riding. Soon you guys will be out and enjoying your bike and the weather. I will be Heading to Panama Beach this weekend on my bike.