Anyone NOT own a handgun? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone NOT own a handgun?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It is a well known statistic. law abiding people can do whatever they want as far as I'm concerned but I'm going to aire towards lowering my risk. Source:http://www.newscientist.com/article/...l#.VQYMkNCsHqB

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    Hmmm, not sure I read that anywhere, got a link to that statistic?
    I've carried a firearm for many years, work at a gun range, shoot long guns, shoot trap, teach range safety, teach reloading, teach hunter safety.... Hell, I should be have been shot plenty of times by your statistic, correct?
    ... But I respect anyone's decision, carry or not, it's a personal thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevbuckley333 View Post
    Odds are far greater when you own a handgun that you yourself will be shot. I am into everything that lowers my odds of being shot.
    That's one of the stupidest things ever said.

Cool

I don't ...I don't mind if someone else does... There was a lot of money spent on me to teach me to injure folks...I don't need a gun, IE: read/ military type defense training.....

I DO believe if you have one you will use it in the right situation ...if you don't have a gun with you, you will go to plan "B"...

I don't care what side of the Zimmerman case you fall on...but do you think, if he could would he change his decision considering all the changes in his life? I think the average person would say it was not worth it... Once this decision is made your life is over as you know it....and yes I realize your life maybe me over as well...

NOW, that I am a little older and have a hearth condition, and a big mouth, I may need to revisit this and buy a bazooka ...because my mouth does not have a filter and some times words come out w/o me thinking.... sad but I usually say what ever I am thinking w/o thinking how my words will effect others...only one of my faults and I have many!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I spent 28 years south of the border and ultimately owned a couple of hand guns. When I retired and decided to return to live in Canada, I sold them. No regrets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Exploring the world, one road at a time.

Limoles,In extended philosophy of so called "self defense" , I could provide millions of reasons to support my decision "

And this type thing does work...just realize, there are bad people in the world that don't care about their life and care much less for yours....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I have a couple and a permit to carry. Live in small town Wi, not a real need to carry, but then you never know. It puts a HUGE responsibility on you when you carry. Rules are not the same for me, as they are for an officer of the law, I would need to be beaten half to death before I could shoot the person beating me, I have a brother in law enforcement and support them, just saying.
    I applied for my permit because I thought the government was having a brain fart in allowing us to conceal and carry and wanted to get mine before they came to their sences. lol
    Put on a few pounds so my inside the belt is uncomfortable to carry and my job won't allow but when I shed the job and a few pounds I will carry more, because I can.

No
    Never felt like I needed one, thought that it would led to me using more aggressive behavior then intelligence to escape a situation

Hey guys, please read the title of this thread again.

I wanted to know about anyone who DID NOT own a handgun and why not.

Please stick to the topic.

For those that can't, start a different thread please. Those replying here are hopefully replying to my original question.
    What type of gun you own, how many guns you own, that the barrel is longer than your penis, please take that info somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I don't care what side of the Zimmerman case you fall on...but do you think, if he could would he change his decision considering all the changes in his life?
    Depends. If he was truly getting his head bashed into the earth... I suspect he'd do it again.

I don't know about you, but I would only be able to take getting my head bashed so many times.

The next contact to the head may kill you.

I don't ever want to experience that feeling. Will he stop before killing me?

No one HAS to protect themselves. Most find it perfectly accepable to be a potential victim. Some WANT to protect themselves. The defense of YOUR life only has to occur once. Everyone hopes they made the right decision.

Is there anyone here that does not have a fire extinguisher in their abode? If not....why? You probably will never need it. Here in Texas we follow all the rules the big fed man makes us abide by. It's state legislatures that infringe your rights with ideas rarely supported by fact but by emotion and fear.

I knew a guy that kept poisonous snakes in his house.....google and yahoo never had a study that supported his higher chance of being bitten by a poisonous snake. Strange.

I follow the law, so don't bother looking in my window. Freedom has certain risks.