Anyone NOT own a handgun? - Page 3
Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone NOT own a handgun?

I own a bunch and always carry unless I'm going somewhere that's prohibitive.

I was a cop in one of the worst cities in the USA. After law school I was a prosecutor for awhile. I've dealt with the scum of our society for much of my adult life.

I spent 11 years on active duty and 17 in the US Army Reserves, so I've been well trained.

There are those in our society who are beyond salvage. They prey on the weak, elderly, and innocent. I don't intend to be one of their victims. Those who responded from other countries don't face the same problems we have. Sure, they have their share of bad guys, but we have entire generations of thieves, muggers, mental cases, and those with a sense that they'll take whatever they want from any likely victim.

If you're not trained and not of the right mind set you shouldn't carry. Some are wolves, some are sheep, some are sheep dogs. That's just the way things are.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Who have you been talking to? Fienstien?
    lol

thats one stUUUUUUPId woman

those who can do,those who don't will never understand,thats the great thing about being an american...and the reason i'm not a victim
    and yes....i believe in gun control...i use both hands...

I was a cop in one of the worst cities in the USA. After law school I was a prosecutor for awhile. I've dealt with the scum of our society for much of my adult life.

I spent 11 years on active duty and 17 in the US Army Reserves, so I've been well trained.

There are those in our society who are beyond salvage. They prey on the weak, elderly, and innocent. I don't intend to be one of their victims. Those who responded from other countries don't face the same problems we have. Sure, they have their share of bad guys, but we have entire generations of thieves, muggers, mental cases, and those with a sense that they'll take whatever they want from any likely victim.

If you're not trained and not of the right mind set you shouldn't carry. Some are wolves, some are sheep, some are sheep dogs. That's just the way things are.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevbuckley333 View Post
    Odds are far greater when you own a handgun that you yourself will be shot. I am into everything that lowers my odds of being shot.
    Hmmm, not sure I read that anywhere, got a link to that statistic?
    I've carried a firearm for many years, work at a gun range, shoot long guns, shoot trap, teach range safety, teach reloading, teach hunter safety.... Hell, I should be have been shot plenty of times by your statistic, correct?
    ... But I respect anyone's decision, carry or not, it's a personal thing.

Quote Originally Posted by hoglaw View Post

=1,well said....

In my younger years I suppose I never gave gun ownership any attention..Had a couple old 22 rifles that my Dad gave me and used them once in a while with my sons at a target range...My son-in-law is an ex-cop and helped me pick out a couple of pistols a while back and I have been trained how to use them...At my age now (75) and many of the useless young "punks" in our world today that prey on older people just cause they can, I will use my weapon, if I have to, to protect my wife and myself in the event I need too....Hope it NEVER happens, but in our society today it is very "scary" and dangerous at times......I am one of those that own a weapon but hope and pray I never have to use it except at the range!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    In my younger years I suppose I never gave gun ownership any attention..Had a couple old 22 rifles that my Dad gave me and used them once in a while with my sons at a target range...My son-in-law is an ex-cop and helped me pick out a couple of pistols a while back and I have been trained how to use them...At my age now (75) and many of the useless young "punks" in our world today that prey on older people just cause they can, I will use my weapon, if I have to, to protect my wife and myself in the event I need too....Hope it NEVER happens, but in our society today it is very "scary" and dangerous at times......I am one of those that own a weapon but hope and pray I never have to use it except at the range!!!!

When I do carry which isn't that often I carry a Glock Model 36 with a pierce +1 Grip extension. I have had a Concealed Carry License in Indiana for over 35 years. I have only needed a firearm once in all that time, and no shots were fired.
    20150315_172205.jpg
    JAYGO

It is a well known statistic. law abiding people can do whatever they want as far as I'm concerned but I'm going to aire towards lowering my risk. Source:http://www.newscientist.com/article/...l#.VQYMkNCsHqB

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    Hmmm, not sure I read that anywhere, got a link to that statistic?
    I've carried a firearm for many years, work at a gun range, shoot long guns, shoot trap, teach range safety, teach reloading, teach hunter safety.... Hell, I should be have been shot plenty of times by your statistic, correct?
    ... But I respect anyone's decision, carry or not, it's a personal thing.

Hey guys, please read the title of this thread again.

I wanted to know about anyone who DID NOT own a handgun and why not.

Please stick to the topic.

For those that can't, start a different thread please. Those replying here are hopefully replying to my original question.
    What type of gun you own, how many guns you own, that the barrel is longer than your penis, please take that info somewhere else.