Anyone NOT own a handgun? - Page 30
Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone NOT own a handgun?

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    A fire extinguisher in the wrong hands doesn't scare me.
    An insurance policy in the wrong hands doesn't scare me.
    A handgun in the wrong hands scares the crap out of me.
    Why does that scare you? It does not bother me in the slightest! You could also say the same thing about...cars,truck,cranes,umbrellas, torches,wrenches, what ever tool you choose....I assume you are taking about death and all of the above can accomplish the same feat.
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Why does that scare you? It does not bother me in the slightest! You could also say the same thing about...cars,truck,cranes,umbrellas, torches,wrenches, what ever tool you choose....I assume you are taking about death and all of the above can accomplish the same feat.
    Come on. Be reasonable.
    How many toddlers and kids are murdered every year with umbrellas, torches, or tools compared to the negligent ownership and storage of handguns?

How many toddlers are murdered? And how are they murdered? If you meant toddlers accidentally killed, then I go back to accidental drownings. Far more......far more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    How many toddlers are murdered? And how are they murdered? If you meant toddlers accidentally killed, then I go back to accidental drownings. Far more......far more.
    Here we go again.
    It makes no sense when one compares toddler deaths from irresponsible gun ownership to car or water deaths.
    No one is going to restrict automobile use or swimming in pools. Autos, swimming, recreation, etc all serve a positive, quality of life enhancing purpose.
    Can you say the same of a handgun? They serve only one purpose. To maim or kill other human beings. Restricting them to only responsibly trained owners can only have a positive outcome.
    I don't say ban them outright. Your constitution doesn't allow that. But make them a lot more difficult for the average idiot to own by having mandatory safety training as a prerequisite of handgun ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    Come on. Be reasonable.
    How many toddlers and kids are murdered every year with umbrellas, torches, or tools compared to the negligent ownership and storage of handguns?
    My question was simple...why are you scared? Simple...I'm not in the least...You should feel more safe living in the land of no guns...Why do you care? And the age old statement ..if guns where outlawed, only outlaws would have guns... I don't own one and could care less who does, does not or who carries...just don't care. Eight thousand people a day die in the US of A.... that is just society's way of making room for the next born... Just sayin...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I own, I carry, and I will not be a defenseless victim. Period.

24 years USMC Ret.
    Former Embassy Detachment Commander
    Spend time on the range at least once a month.

To each his own.

Oh, I also believe in Gun Control (Breathe, Relax, Aim, Slack, Squeeze) also known as BRASS. On target, on time!

If we can save just one life by filling in all those swimming pools with concrete than we have accomplished a lot.

Because what matters is stopping senseless accidents...........correct?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

"BRASS" = MADDNESS = NON CURABLE DESEASE

Preventing violence of any kind would be better , than fighting its effects , but it requires education and better recognition of human brain advantages over the tools used against principles of life .

"The most destructive element in the human mind is fear. Fear creates aggressiveness."
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Mastergunny View Post
    I own, I carry, and I will not be a defenseless victim. Period.

24 years USMC Ret.
    Former Embassy Detachment Commander
    Spend time on the range at least once a month.

To each his own.

Oh, I also believe in Gun Control (Breathe, Relax, Aim, Slack, Squeeze) also known as BRASS. On target, on time!

Let's see ... Paris - 12 dead, 2 day running gun battle throughout the city ....

Garland Tx, 2 gunmen dead, 1 security guard wounded (treated and released at the hospital) ....

"The difference between Garland and Paris can be summed up in one word: guns." (AWR Hawkins http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...and-and-paris/ )

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    If we can save just one life by filling in all those swimming pools with concrete than we have accomplished a lot.

Because what matters is stopping senseless accidents...........correct?
    +1, and while they are at it, take away Rosie's fork and spoon