Anyone NOT own a handgun? - Page 31
Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone NOT own a handgun?

Einstein?

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    "BRASS" = MADDNESS = NON CURABLE DESEASE

Preventing violence of any kind would be better , than fighting its effects , but it requires education and better recognition of human brain advantages over the tools used against principles of life .
    Neato. Utopia. Good luck with that. I'll stick with the reality of everyday life, and deal with the effects in my own way.

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    "The most destructive element in the human mind is fear. Fear creates aggressiveness."
    Albert Einstein
    Nope, not Einstein. Best check your references, or was this intentional? This is from Dorothy Thompson, a children's book writer. It all makes more sense now.

Attachment 13657

I love you all! Wether you are having the weaponery of a whole platoon in your basement, wether you love to write poems... important thing for me is: You all ride a wonderful motorcycle! That's enough to be my best friend
    Always a good and safe ride,
    Karim

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    My question was simple...why are you scared?
    I have never seen a toddler/adolescent//adult/psycho/terrorist/deranged senior/criminal/gangster/whoever walking around with a handgun.
    Living in Canada, I am not afraid of those scenarios because the likelihood of that happening to me is so minute as to be nil.
    But living in the US, those scenarios are not fictional.
    If I did encounter an unholstered loaded handgun being brandished by someone other than a law enforcement officer, I would be afraid for my life. I would run away as fast as I could.
    Don't try and tell me to fight fire with fire. That only seems to work for the military trained guys.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    I have never seen a toddler/adolescent//adult/psycho/terrorist/deranged senior/criminal/gangster/whoever walking around with a handgun.
    Living in Canada, I am not afraid of those scenarios because the likelihood of that happening to me is so minute as to be nil.
    But living in the US, those scenarios are not fictional.
    If I did encounter an unholstered loaded handgun being brandished by someone other than a law enforcement officer, I would be afraid for my life. I would run away as fast as I could.
    Don't try and tell me to fight fire with fire. That only seems to work for the military trained guys.
    In most areas here those scenarios are usually fairly fictional, thankfully. If I encountered someone brandishing a handgun, police officers included, I would make a hasty exit as well, as we are trained to do. The gun itself doesn't elicit a lot of fear with me, but the scenario must might. As to the citizen raising his shirt, I would suggest it still amounts to brandishing. It was displayed in a somewhat threatening manner. Believe it or not, ALMOST all of us take it pretty seriously, and are not involved EVER in any of the scenarios you mention. ALMOST all of us go through the courses, pass proficiency tests, and practice regularly. There are some in the US, Texas even, who don't take gun ownership as seriously as I'd like, and Mr. Darwin's rules are illustrated for us. I get the whole toddler thing you refer to so often, but these stories do not relate to the majority of the people you are preaching to here. No one is telling you to fight anything with anything. It is you telling us what we do, and how we do it. It isn't that I think what you say is so patently wrong, it is that the people you are up against in this forum are not part of the picture you refer to. We exist within the system we have, and function as responsibly as we possibly can. I have mentored several young people in their quest to be responsible gun owners. Not substituted for proper training, mind you, but mentored. Safety is always the biggie with me. No one wants to see lives lost for no reason, toddler or otherwise. I disagree that anyone in the US is apathetic about it, and that seems to be the implication.

You missed some good brisket, if I do say so.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1584 View Post
    Neato. Utopia. Good luck with that. I'll stick with the reality of everyday life, and deal with the effects in my own way.

"The most destructive element in the human mind is fear. Fear creates aggressiveness."
    Einstein

Nope, not Einstein. Best check your references, or was this intentional? This is from Dorothy Thompson, a children's book writer. It all makes more sense now.
    ya doing a little?

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1584 View Post
    It is you telling us what we do, and how we do it.
    Absolutely NOT.
    Why would I tell an American what to do in their own country?
    Do whatever you want and your constitution allows you to.
    Just don't complain that shooting tragedies, both by and against LEO's, and against law abiding innocent Americans, are at an unacceptable level.
    You make your bed; you sleep in it.
    That's all.

Come on. Be reasonable.
    How many toddlers and kids are murdered every year with umbrellas, torches, or tools compared to the negligent ownership and storage of handguns?

"Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post

I am anti-gun, pro-choice, and pro-gay marriage. I have no beef with the constitution of the US, as I'm not a citizen.
    Will you ride with me?"

Mr pro choice, how many kids are murdered every day out of convenience to those who can do the deed but can't take precaution for an unwanted pregnancy. You are a hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post

Mr pro choice, how many kids are murdered every day out of convenience to those who can do the deed but can't take precaution for an unwanted pregnancy. You are a hypocrite.
    Since when is an unsustainable fetus a "kid"?

Since when is an unsustainable fetus a "kid"?
    The standard retort.

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    The standard retort.
    Did you expect more?