Anyone NOT own a handgun? - Page 35
Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: Anyone NOT own a handgun?

We don't live in a perfect world and it never will be. You can sh- - in one hand and wish in the other and see what builds up the fastest. We got crime, violence, killing, etc. to deal with.
    If I am ever in a situation that protection is needed for me or others, I hope either I have a gun on me or someone is there (concealed carry) to handle the sh - - storm !
    Big Bird, I got that from Jim Lahey. Another hero of mine !

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    Did you ever thought , who invented ISIS ? Try to find the reasons of your deployments , but
    if they match officially admitted "mistake" , your service will be more reasonable NOW !!! For that purpose and if needed , I'll join your forces , FEARLESSLY defend our country . That's , what I call A REAL PATRIOTISM !!!!!!!
    My friends,

Most people in life could be divided into 3 animal categories, Wolves, Sheep, and Sheep dogs. The sheep eat, drink and procreate in addition, to leaving in luscious pastures. Of course the sheep despise the Sheep dog because the Sheep dog keeps the sheep in order (In check) and keeps the Wolf at bay, but still the sheep dog will give up his life to protect the heard of sheep. Then you have the Wolf; lurking, killing, and planning methods to destroy the sheep. Naturally, the Sheep hate the Wolves their natural enemy, but do nothing because sheep as we all know sheep are helpless. In addition, Sheep also loathe the Sheep dog because of his iron fist on safety, direction and regulations (keeping them in check). Needless to say the Wolf hates the sheepdog, because the sheepdog is always on watch and interfering with the Wolves plans on destroying his main prey; the sheep.

Fellow Sixers, which one of these animals portrays your attitude towards the terrorization on our life style?

S/F

Sheep?

Quote Originally Posted by USMARINE View Post
    My friends,

Most people in life could be divided into 3 animal categories, Wolves, Sheep, and Sheep dogs. The sheep eat, drink and procreate in addition, to leaving in luscious pastures. Of course the sheep despise the Sheep dog because the Sheep dog keeps the sheep in order (In check) and keeps the Wolf at bay, but still the sheep dog will give up his life to protect the heard of sheep. Then you have the Wolf; lurking, killing, and planning methods to destroy the sheep. Naturally, the Sheep hate the Wolves their natural enemy, but do nothing because sheep as we all know sheep are helpless. In addition, Sheep also loathe the Sheep dog because of his iron fist on safety, direction and regulations (keeping them in check). Needless to say the Wolf hates the sheepdog, because the sheepdog is always on watch and interfering with the Wolves plans on destroying his main prey; the sheep.

Fellow Sixers, which one of these animals portrays your attitude towards the terrorization on our life style?

S/F
    I guess I am just a fairly well-prepared sheep. You know what they say.... When the wolf comes around, and seconds count, the sheep dog is only minutes away.

I am going to allow all guns to vanish tomorrow. Even the bad guys guns will melt away. Nobody has one, they don't exist.

Do you know how inconvenient it is going to be for me? I am going to have to carry a bigger baseball bat than the bad guy carries. Also I will need a longer knife than the bad guy carries. Add a better and more efficient fire poker, brick, club, chain link armor. I could never operate my motorcycle with all that crap.

Cause you can take away the gun but you can't take away the intent of the depraved, the criminal minded or the individual that doesn't respect human life.

The handgun is the ultimate equalizer. The ultimate. Until they build something that can replace that function the anti gunners can belly ache and post all the figures they want, you'll never sway my American free thinking mind. I refuse to be a victim with no defense. I carry insurance on my waist.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

shooter
    That's it. Stro is taking all my heaters. I'm going to the cast iron skillet. 14 inch extra deep with a no-burn handle cover.

Quote Originally Posted by GNW View Post
    Big Bird, I got that from Jim Lahey. Another hero of mine !
    I like Bubbles' description of seagulls.
    He calls them "shithawks".

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    I am going to allow all guns to vanish tomorrow. Even the bad guys guns will melt away. Nobody has one, they don't exist.

Do you know how inconvenient it is going to be for me? I am going to have to carry a bigger baseball bat than the bad guy carries. Also I will need a longer knife than the bad guy carries. Add a better and more efficient fire poker, brick, club, chain link armor.
    Why do you fear the bad guys are all coming after you?
    Is there more to your story?
    I understand once bitten, twice shy, but the extreme paranoia I see here over self protection has me scratching my nuts with curiosity.

well said

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post

Do you know how inconvenient it is going to be for me? I am going to have to carry a bigger baseball bat than the bad guy carries. Also I will need a longer knife than the bad guy carries. Add a better and more efficient fire poker, brick, club, chain link armor. I could never operate my motorcycle with all that crap.

Cause you can take away the gun but you can't take away the intent of the depraved, the criminal minded or the individual that doesn't respect human life.

The handgun is the ultimate equalizer. The ultimate. Until they build something that can replace that function the anti gunners can belly ache and post all the figures they want, you'll never sway my American free thinking mind. I refuse to be a victim with no defense. I carry insurance on my waist.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    Why do you fear the bad guys are all coming after you?
    Is there more to your story?
    I understand once bitten, twice shy, but the extreme paranoia I see here over self protection has me scratching my nuts with curiosity.
    Most certainly. As I said I don't live in fear, in reality. I live in a very nice neighborhood. Thugs never seem to go to trailer parks to break and enter. One Friday night at 11:30PM three thugs from shittown decided they would help themselves to my neighbors front door and nice things inside. They started with the bottom of their shoes going into the door then robbed him at knifepoint of his belongings. It only took the sherif deputies 30 minutes to respond due to officers being ill that evening. Now some will tell you that is an isolated event. Me, I tell you that my Constitution first gives me the responsibility to protect myself and not rely on laws. Especially a so called better than me liberal agenda that pretends IT can protect me with laws. You truly are naive if you think you can never be accosted or threatened in your dreamland. You are always at risk. I'm sure Nathan Cirillo would agree.

Pretty sad that even a soldier cannot be viewed as a responsible entity to defend himself or the nations citizens.

You should better understand the definition of paranoia. You interpret pretty much everyone's posts as paranoia, you are so far from being correct.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Stroguy,
    I am with you 100% on your post above.
    I am not even close to Paranoia.
    I am 100% prepared to protect myself and family if the time comes.
    Misinterpretation of ones writings are just that.