Anyone NOT own a handgun? - Page 36
Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: Anyone NOT own a handgun?

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    The handgun is the ultimate equalizer. The ultimate. Until they build something that can replace that function the anti gunners can belly ache and post all the figures they want, you'll never sway my American free thinking mind. I refuse to be a victim with no defense. I carry insurance on my waist.
    +1
    (or under shoulder, or in jacket holster)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    Why do you fear the bad guys are all coming after you?
    Is there more to your story? I understand once bitten, twice shy, but the extreme paranoia I see here over self protection has me scratching my nuts with curiosity.
    Once bitten....aye. I needed it once, I had it, my family is all in one happy, unscarred, un-tormented state of mind.
    Paranoia? I think not.

It's what a responsible head of household should be able to do for the family at a moment's notice - defend the family effectively, with purpose and to the death if necessary, with training and forethought.
    I just think my odds of not dying are better with a standoff weapon, rather than knives & baseball bats at close quarters.
    Also, it's what shepherds do for the sheep....
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Peace Warriors

The Grossman's & Christensen original essay credits an "Old War Veteran" , telling story about Volves , Sheep and Shipdogs . It has been widely popularized among "Shipdogs Inc. listeners" in churches , seminars , gun rights groups , military educators , Marine Corps Quick Reaction Force , disaster-relief charity voluntaries , etc. , using its analogy to the syndrome of "Bad Guys vs. Good Guys Theory". Teaching it , provides nothing , but "CONDITION OF MIND" . In the same time that essay proving , that most dangerous to the society are some ( not majority ) soldiers , who come back from unjust wars , whose PTSD have significant impact on higher rates of random violent crimes and acts , who "being mentally attached to their weapons" , are affected by problematic bloodshed against others - usually innocent individuals .

Again - "Volves, Sheeps and Shipdogs" saga is not adequate to our discussion , still doesn't provide any clues to the methods curing a "Deadly Conflict in Peace" , and doesn't stop teaching our children to kill . But the same author can motivate one to read his book : "On Killing ; The Psychological Cost of learning to Kill in War and Society" .

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    T "On Killing ; The Psychological Cost of learning to Kill in War and Society" .
    When it's kill, or be killed? There is no psychology....it's survival. Be prepared for the worst, pray for the best.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Maybe it's time to stop blaming ourselves and focus on real causes of the problem .
    Think for a second and try to connect politics , money and wars . ( do not touch sex ! )
    Can you tell me , why I see it ... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    The Grossman's & Christensen original essay credits an "Old War Veteran" , telling story about Volves , Sheep and Shipdogs . It has been widely popularized among "Shipdogs Inc. listeners" in churches , seminars , gun rights groups , military educators , Marine Corps Quick Reaction Force , disaster-relief charity voluntaries , etc. , using its analogy to the syndrome of "Bad Guys vs. Good Guys Theory". Teaching it , provides nothing , but "CONDITION OF MIND" . In the same time that essay proving , that most dangerous to the society are some ( not majority ) soldiers , who come back from unjust wars , whose PTSD have significant impact on higher rates of random violent crimes and acts , who "being mentally attached to their weapons" , are affected by problematic bloodshed against others - usually innocent individuals .

Again - "Volves, Sheeps and Shipdogs" saga is not adequate to our discussion , still doesn't provide any clues to the methods curing a "Deadly Conflict in Peace" , and doesn't stop teaching our children to kill . But the same author can motivate one to read his book : "On Killing ; The Psychological Cost of learning to Kill in War and Society" .
    Like Big Bird said earlier in one of his quotes and I guess I can use it too.
    I am scratching my nuts with curiosity over what you just said about us veterans with PTSD.

Quote Originally Posted by GNW View Post
    Like Big Bird said earlier in one of his quotes and I guess I can use it too.
    I am scratching my nuts with curiosity over what you just said about us veterans with PTSD.
    Sorry - stop reading and do , what you love to do the most .
    Just in case , find out , who wrote it . I gave you only the link to analyze .

has me scratching my nuts with curiosity.
    w/ curiosity???? They've been w/ you a long time so I doubt it's curiosity!!
    "Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono

Quote Originally Posted by SmallPasture View Post
    w/ curiosity???? They've been w/ you a long time so I doubt it's curiosity!!
    And why are you so curious?

And why are you so curious?
    How did you come to that conclusion?
    "Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono

Quote Originally Posted by SmallPasture View Post
    How did you come to that conclusion?
    Your curiosity piqued my curiosity about why you were so curious.