Anyone NOT own a handgun? - Page 5
Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone NOT own a handgun?

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    In my younger years I suppose I never gave gun ownersghip any attention..Had a couple old 22 rifles that my Dad gave me and used them once in a while with my sons at a target range...My son-in-law is an ex-cop and helped me pick out a couple of pistols a while back and I have been trained how to use them...At my age now (75) and many of the useless young "punks" in our world today that prey on older people just cause they can, I will use my weapon, if I have to, to protect my wife and myself in the event I need too....Hope it NEVER happens, but in our society today it is very "scary" and dangerous at times......I am one of those that own a weapon but hope and pray I never have to use it except at the range!!!!
    Opas any God fearing responsible person should think like that. I would , in a perfect world never take another's life. By the same token , under the right circumstances I would not hesitate.

shooter
    Sorry Bird. Didn't mean to thread jack. Got carried away.

Got in trouble in 1979, I was 18, which stopped me from going into the Navy in 1980 also, but if could I'd get one tomorrow. Heckler and Koch HK45 for running to the grocery store, Taurus Judge 4510PD-3B (fires 410 shell and 45 one to knock em down one for dessert) for going to church, fits nice in the suit, AR-15 just for the hell of it, Benelli Super Black Eagle just to get me started. Why, you ask Big Bird because guns are like motorcycles, there's not one that's going to give you everything you want. Plus I have 2 ex-wives, both Sicilian.

Run Mike , run

If you don't want to eat spaghetti with delicious mushrooms , I would be afraid too .

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    Wow. Having some tokes makes you a threat to blow someone away with a gun. Insane logic.
    If the gov't let you tomorrow, would you run right to the gun shop?
    You asked if "Anyone NOT own a Handgun" which I do not, as a convicted felon I can't own one, but my late wife legally owned many, we taught our two daughters at a young age safe weapons practices and both including my wife have hunted all our lives. My brothers as well as my late father and mother were gun owners and I was raised with guns in the house all my life.
    I served in the US army an earned a marksman badge and am quite proficient in the use of small arms, but I could still not own a hand gun then or now, but I do own a 357 caliber high powered air rifle that will stop any anything in North America or intruding into my home.
    https://www.crosman.com/airguns/air-...ldog-synthetic

I am 64 years of age with only that one black mark on my record, I am also a legally registered user of medical marijuana in Calif. and legally grow my own year round. I legally keep a lb under lock and key in storage at all times, but can't own a handgun.
    Strange, what took away my right to own a gun is perfectly legal now, but I still can't own a handgun.
    I have access to anything I might want to shoot and have plenty of friends who own & are willing to carry firearms to and from the range for me to shoot if I ask.
    I go to the range regularly to punch paper to keep sharp and also to sight-in my high powered air rifles before hunting season... so would I run right to the gun shop if it were legal for me to own a hand gun? NO I have no need, ya see I can't own a hand gun, but it ain't against the law for me to shoot and carry a high powered air rifle for which I don't even need a cc permit.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

I'll never understand such a complicated interpretations of Second Amendment and witness its variation in different States . I can only say - guns are dangerous toys and design for killing . I also learned , that most innocent people die from guns , even they have "rights to defend themselves" . You tell me , how it works ?

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    If you don't want to eat spaghetti with delicious mushrooms , I would be afraid too .
    I found the only two Sicilian girls that couldn't cook, what are the odds. Anyway, my father always kept a loaded gun in the house and one in his car and we knew not to even think of going near it.

shooter
    Tax you're so mean you don't need a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Tax you're so mean you don't need a gun.
    C'mon, it was those 2 spawns of the she-devil I was married to that made me mean. Everyone says how long do you want to live - 3 days after they both die to go to the wake and the funerals and be the first one to throw the first shovel of dirt on the casket but I'm not bitter. Anyway, let's get back on point or Big Bird will have my ass and Phantom will suspend me for a week for hijacking the thread. My favorite gun is the Heckler and Koch 45, man that thing is sweet. As far as Article 2 of the Bill of Rights it was written in English common law and all regulated in "well regulated militia" means is "well functioning" meaning they can shoot. And a militia, again in English common law, was any able bodied man, so any able bodied man that can shoot can exercise the inherit freedom noted in the Article, wrongly referred to as an Amendment.

(I did not hijack the thread) - disclaimer

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    C'mon, it was those 2 spawns of the she-devil I was married to that made me mean. Everyone says how long do you want to live - 3 days after they both die to go to the wake and the funerals and be the first one to throw the first shovel of dirt on the casket but I'm not bitter. Anyway, let's get back on point or Big Bird will have my ass and Phantom will suspend me for a week for hijacking the thread. My favorite gun is the Heckler and Koch 45, man that thing is sweet. As far as Article 2 of the Bill of Rights it was written in English common law and all regulated in "well regulated militia" means is "well functioning" meaning they can shoot. And a militia, again in English common law, was any able bodied man, so any able bodied man that can shoot can exercise the inherit freedom noted in the Article, wrongly referred to as an Amendment.

(I did not hijack the thread) - disclaimer
    I'm never far from a gun...or the US Constitution. My copy says there are Articles I thru VII, and Amendments I thru XXVII. I completely agree with your interpretation of Amendment II, but wonder about calling it an Article.