The hard way - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The hard way

Yeah as a former Harley owner after a few hundred miles I can see myself in the future buying a full blown wing if my wife ever decides that she would rather pilon-up instead of riding her own
    When a Man Lies He Murders
    Some Part of the World
    These Are the Pale Deaths Which
    Men Miscall Their Lives
    All this I Cannot Bear
    to Witness Any Longer......

Yeah! Welcome back X I imagine that was a fairly expensive experiment but most of us have done things like that (whether we admit it or not).
    Ken (Hornblower)

If you love a 2013 F6B let it go if it comes back as a 2015 F6B it was meant to "B". If you let it go again we'll never stop hounding you.

Guess now you will need to change your name to 2X-XHarley
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by XHarley View Post
    Seems like for some of us it always takes the hard way to figure out what and where we are going.

After owning the 2013 F6B and then selling it as I just couldn't get used to all of the plastic parts I am again looking to buy another F6B.

The 2014 Harley Super Glide Custom with the 103ci engine that I bought to replace the F6B is a beautiful bike and a great little bike to run around town on but the motor vibrations on that 103 are absolutely unbearable for any length of ride. So after owing the Harley for a little over a month I did a Craigslist ad and have a buyer wanting to pick it up this weekend. Actually, I knew after the first ten minutes of owing/riding it that I had made a stupid decision to sell the F6B.

Have been in conversation with Wes at Russellville Honda (site sponsor) and his price on a 2015 F6B Deluxe is better than anywhere else so I will be getting my brother, the Southwest pilot, to get me a buddy pass ticket from Charlotte to Little Rock to do the deal. Should be a nice 700 mile ride as spring is around the corner.

And anyone who feels the need is welcomed to tell me I told you so!

Once this is all complete I will post some pictures of the new silver F6BD.

Ride safe.

X
    Welcome Back, we should try to take advantage of the buddy pass and make it a forum thing when we all want to replace our F6B and go see Wes at Russellville. maybe WES will throw in a few incentives.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Thanks all for the welcome back comments and not one "I told you so"! Wow, you guys are too kind.
    This site has the best folks and that is what makes the whole Goldwing biking community so great.

Well, I have hit a Harley Stealership snag. The person who was going to buy my Harley was going to use the Harley Rider to Rider Finance program but my local Harley Stealership now wants $500 to process the loan. It seems that greed is everywhere but never so pronounced as at a Harley stealership and another great reason to be done permanently with Harley Davidson.

I have the bike priced so competitively that I can't afford to bite that $500 bullet so will have to wait for a new buyer who has his own finances. Always a problem it seems once the price of the toy gets above $10K as most people are not blessed with the ability to save money and have to borrow.

The good thing is the weather is getting better and more people will feel the itch to buy a motorcycle and thus the used bike market will pick up and this should not affect the new bike market except may have to order and wait for the bike to arrive at the dealership.

X

Good luck with the sale if you price the Harley right it will sell.I too did the V twin thing for a few years after 20+ years on various Goldwings.Thought I was missing something but the Vibration,engine heat in traffic,and stupid loud pipes I put on it got old really fast and found I was not riding much.I took a hit on the old bike and bought my F6B and have no regrets.Like going from a Model T into a new high tech sports car gotta luv it.Enjoy your new ride

Only money... $500 to get you on what you want don't sound too bad to me.... But I hear you. Problem is it's gonna hurt no matter so just get it over with.

Quote Originally Posted by XHarley View Post
    Thanks all for the welcome back comments and not one "I told you so"! Wow, you guys are too kind.
    This site has the best folks and that is what makes the whole Goldwing biking community so great.

Well, I have hit a Harley Stealership snag. The person who was going to buy my Harley was going to use the Harley Rider to Rider Finance program but my local Harley Stealership now wants $500 to process the loan. It seems that greed is everywhere but never so pronounced as at a Harley stealership and another great reason to be done permanently with Harley Davidson.

I have the bike priced so competitively that I can't afford to bite that $500 bullet so will have to wait for a new buyer who has his own finances. Always a problem it seems once the price of the toy gets above $10K as most people are not blessed with the ability to save money and have to borrow.

The good thing is the weather is getting better and more people will feel the itch to buy a motorcycle and thus the used bike market will pick up and this should not affect the new bike market except may have to order and wait for the bike to arrive at the dealership.

X
    Split it with the buyer.

How about we hold a 50/50 raffle, I'm Catholic it's instinctive.