Collectors Item in your garage? Maybe???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Collectors Item in your garage? Maybe???

Collectors Item in your garage? Maybe???

I was able to spend parts of 5 days in Daytona last week and saw a total of 8 F6Bs--not counting the ones on display.

The fact that there are new 13s still out there at very discounted prices makes me believe they may not be the best sellers--- at least not at this time. I love mine and it isn't going anywhere.

Thinking ahead, these bikes may have a path similar to the Valkyries and/or Rune. Wings will always be here stay, so finding parts is not an issue, but the fact that these bikes are few and far between makes me think they may be very desirable later on.

Just the thoughts of a crazy old man and a keyboard.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

shooter
    Just as soon as they quit making them that's when everyone will find out that its the best all around bike in the universe.

Did 1000+ miles yesterday to get back from Daytona....It was almost too easy, except for the 95 between Richmond and DC....
    Alien technology.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Did 1000+ miles yesterday to get back from Daytona....It was almost too easy, except for the 95 between Richmond and DC....
    Alien technology.
    Is this the first Iron Butt on a F6B on this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    With all the Dark Siders getting "billions of miles", I sure wouldn't think so....
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    With all the Dark Siders getting "billions of miles", I sure wouldn't think so....
    I doubt it's the first but I ran the official Iron butt last summer on my F6. I didn't plan it very well so it took me 25 hours to get back so no certificate. Did get a pin and T-shirt.
    I am going to do it again this year - this time for the certification.
    The bike -excellent !

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    Nope. I did one almost two years ago. There are more members that have too.

I'd bet Miles was one of the first if not thee first to Iron butt an F6B. I did 1140 something last June. There's a bunch of guys that have done it already.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    I was able to spend parts of 5 days in Daytona last week and saw a total of 8 F6Bs--not counting the ones on display.

The fact that there are new 13s still out there at very discounted prices makes me believe they may not be the best sellers--- at least not at this time. I love mine and it isn't going anywhere.

Thinking ahead, these bikes may have a path similar to the Valkyries and/or Rune. Wings will always be here stay, so finding parts is not an issue, but the fact that these bikes are few and far between makes me think they may be very desirable later on.
    Maybe, I think the steam is building up a bit on the F6B though. Just my opinion, but I think the first couple of years there just wasn't that much recognition of the model out there. Just from my personal experience, but how many here can testify to people asking you what kind of bike is that when looking at your F6B. I've had people stare in disbelief when I tell them it is a Gold Wing. Then you couple that with prospective buyers who were "in the know" but maybe declined because of the exclusion of "cruise control" and the 15s removed that objection. Maybe optimism, but I think he 15s are not going to be sitting around as long as the 13s did. As far as being classic , while they are a unique Gold Wing, not sure I'd say they will hold the same endearment that the classic Valkyrie has from it's fan base.

I did 1063 to Franklin last year on Friday and 60 miles less than that on Sunday coming home. Missed a turn on the way out. Never thought I needed the IBA or anyone else to verify my 1k mile days.