2013 F6B upgraded to navigation dashboard
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 F6B upgraded to navigation dashboard

2013 F6B upgraded to navigation dashboard

I'm just wondering is there a way to upgrade a 2013 dash to a newer 2015 navigation dashboard and will it be functional?

Probably... with enough effort... but you don't want the OEM nav system

Long time ago I've found , that best discoveries of fascinating places are in time , when I got lost , then read maps to locate my position .
    I use GPS only in unknown towns , but still using my scout's skills , if necessary . Am I adventurous , or what ?

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    Long time ago I've found , that best discoveries of fascinating places are in time , when I got lost , then read maps to locate my position .
    I use GPS only in unknown towns , but still using my scout's skills , if necessary . Am I adventurous , or what ?
    Absolutely agree...+1
    2002 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic
    2014 Honda F6D Deluxe

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquach187 View Post
    I'm just wondering is there a way to upgrade a 2013 dash to a newer 2015 navigation dashboard and will it be functional?
    My understanding is that the OEM Gold Wing navigation system only takes you to Dairy Queens

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    My understanding is that the OEM Gold Wing navigation system only takes you to Dairy Queens
    That is funny.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    I know of no one THAT happy with the OEM Nav system.... Even BMW opted out of the Nav system

I have never been lost even though some would disagree...I just lost my way for a short time...some great discoveries are made this way !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Awesome, good info. I really just Wanted it because it just looks better up front on the dash I wouldn't use the GPS on it either. My shop is doing a custom build and a Color screen looks more modern

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquach187 View Post
    Awesome, good info. I really just Wanted it because it just looks better up front on the dash I wouldn't use the GPS on it either. My shop is doing a custom build and a Color screen looks more modern
    Interesting, I like that idea; the Nav screen does look a bit more modern.

I believe the connectors are different between nav combination meters and non-nav combination meters. The nav combination meter has extra pins to accept signals from the nav unit, or course, but all the other connectors are different too. I *think* it should work though; you'd just need to a re-wire a couple of connectors on the bike's harness.

Care to share details about your custom build?

I meant to say also that, from my brief look at the schematics, it looks like it should be fine if you did not buy the nav unit or the control panel for it... just leave these unconnected at the combination meter.