For those who have custom painted or repainted their F6

Thread: For those who have custom painted or repainted their F6

For those who have custom painted or repainted their F6

I can see that the disgusting quality of the stock Honda paint on my 2013 F6 will lead to a strip down and repaint later this year...

For those on the forum who have already painted or custom painted your F6....are there types of paint that are going to be specifically better to use on the "elastic plastic" tupperware parts of the F6 ??

I would like to repaint with the Honda Glint Wave Blue Metallic (B197M) that was a stock color for the GL1800 in 2012 and 2013...only seems logical... if Honda was successful putting that metallic color and clear coats on the almost identical plastic parts of the GL1800 tupperware.... it should work on my F6 ??

Please give me the benefit of your experince .... Thanks ..... Shaker

Mate in a year or two ill get rid of the black.
    No more swirls or scratches
    Ill keep the bottom black but the top will most likely be Burple (House of Color
    Mate a decent primer is all that's needed with a decent Clear Coast
    Oh and get someone to spray it that knows about paint??

Quote Originally Posted by terrydj View Post
    Mate in a year or two ill get rid of the black.
    No more swirls or scratches
    Ill keep the bottom black but the top will most likely be Burple (House of Color
    Mate a decent primer is all that's needed with a decent Clear Coast
    Oh and get someone to spray it that knows about paint??
    i love the burple idea,i thought about chormaillusion from 3m

Quote Originally Posted by sshake1905 View Post
    I can see that the disgusting quality of the stock Honda paint on my 2013 F6 will lead to a strip down and repaint later this year...

For those on the forum who have already painted or custom painted your F6....are there types of paint that are going to be specifically better to use on the "elastic plastic" tupperware parts of the F6 ??

I would like to repaint with the Honda Glint Wave Blue Metallic (B197M) that was a stock color for the GL1800 in 2012 and 2013...only seems logical... if Honda was successful putting that metallic color and clear coats on the almost identical plastic parts of the GL1800 tupperware.... it should work on my F6 ??

Please give me the benefit of your experince .... Thanks ..... Shaker
    I would think that the stock Honda paint (B197M) should be fine...Mine is painted with House of Kolors Brandywine Kandy Clearcoat...It looks super in the sun and I get a lot of compliments...No paint swirls or issues so far...Expensive, but worth it to me and a plus was that my wife picked the color and was okay with the additional cost....Good Luck on your choice....

Been thinking again?????

Kinda reckon now that with the black down below a Silver Metallic with a Blue Pearl Clear coat or a Red Pearl Clear coat could be the Go?????

How time consuming is it to remove the pieces to paint

repaint project

I'm retired now....one thing I have lots of...especially in the winter months in Idaho, is time...BUT...

The easy part would be the tear down, even though I have counted 22 separate pieces I want to put paint on....the part of the project that might be a bit tricky and nerve racking would be the install of all those tupperware plastic parts with that nice fresh paint on them...scarey

But...I will continue to ask others would have done it for advice on how to and the best ways...
    because this terrible black paint has to go...sooner or later..

Shaker

Quote Originally Posted by sshake1905 View Post
    I'm retired now....one thing I have lots of...especially in the winter months in Idaho, is time...BUT...

The easy part would be the tear down, even though I have counted 22 separate pieces I want to put paint on....the part of the project that might be a bit tricky and nerve racking would be the install of all those tupperware plastic parts with that nice fresh paint on them...scarey

But...I will continue to ask others would have done it for advice on how to and the best ways...
    because this terrible black paint has to go...sooner or later..

Shaker
    LOL Been there, I know the fear of putting it back together with new paint and if you take your time and just be careful and use common sense you will be fine. Don't force anything but if aligned correctly everything pretty much just goes together. Yup, when you disassemble you will have one hell of a pile of parts to paint!!! But it sure is worth it in the end!!! Be sure who ever paints it gives you some touch up, and the exact paint code and brand before you take her home!

I do not believe Honda clear coated any color other than the pearl colors in 12 and up,
    my wife 13 blue does not have clear check with US paint they sell the paint
    Honda uses.