F6B and Bluetooth
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F6B and Bluetooth

F6B and Bluetooth

Does the F6B (and Goldwing) not have ability to pair to a device using bluetooth A2DP? I saw someone talking about a dongle they had to buy, and I'd think these electronics ought to be sophisticated enough to handle bluetooth at this point.

I don't believe the fully dressed Gold Wings are different in this regards, but no the F6B does not come with Blue Tooth capability. Not sure if anyone finds this a problem, I don't. There are inexpensive ways to add blue tooth if you like. I have blue tooth in my Scala G9 headset that I use for my phone. However, like I mentioned, there are blue tooth adapters that can receive or transmit a blue tooth signal to do what ever you want to a point. I had bought a blue tooth receiver to use on my Valkyrie for less than $30. It worked fine, but I couldn't use it the way I was hoping for. I wanted my phone to pair simultaneously with the receiver and my Scala G9 headset, but the phone would only pair with one device at a time.

" Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

On the bike; I'm using the Sena SM10-01 transmitter and the Sena SC-A0121 cable adapter. They connect to the bike's 5 DIN audio cable.

On my helmet; I have the U-Clear HBC200 receiver which is linked to both my phone and the Sena.

This set up allows me to listen the the bike's radio or my USB stick (with music). The U-clear puts priority to the phone when I get a phone call if I'm already listening to music.

I use a bluetooth receiver plugged into the earplug in the left cubby and left power plug. My cell phone connects to it. Pandora no problems.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

I use a Sena 20S and I love it. I have it attached to my Shoei Neotec helmet. I can listen to FM radio, anything on my iPhone, including making and receiving phone calls, and bike to bike intercom with up to 8 bikes.

Had this setup for the last maybe 8 years???
    I use a Garmin Zumo 550 through an Autocom superpro
    The Garmin Zumo 550 has Bluetooth so it all works through my Autocom
    All the noise from the Zumo comes through the Autocom and into my headset (Earbuds)through 3.5 jack.
    Get a phone call and it appears on the Zumo screen, touch the screen and the phone call comes in
    Make a phone call the same way
    The zumo holds your phones phone book
    Touch the number and make a call
    The Zumo also takes and SD Card for all the music you want
    No stupid buttons to touch
    No recharging
    Just turn the bike on and it all works the way it should:icon
    Not trendy
    Just works _cool:

I currently have the Sena 10smh unit, so I can get all that functionality in my helmet, but if I swap my R1200RT (no audio) for an F6B, then I might rather go with outside the helmet audio solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    I use a bluetooth receiver plugged into the earplug in the left cubby and left power plug. My cell phone connects to it. Pandora no problems.
    Hello. Can you post the link of what youre using Please. I am currently using my Ipod and I was going to try to plug a bluetooth transmitter into the usb cable. I dont know it that would work. I notice alot of interference when I have the wire plugged into my headphone spot on my phone. I would like to be able to stream pandora amd such. Thanks.
    2013 F6B in fast black. Lots of extras.
    2007 Suzuki M109R LE
    2000 Honda CBR 929 RR
    1992 GSXR 1100R W/1153 BIG BORE
    1995 Suzuki Katana 750 first bike

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ok, everything is on amazon.com - search for USB Bluetooth Receiver, USB Car charger, buy a double so you can power your phone as well.

Attachment 12794Attachment 12795

Step 1. Plug BT receiver into USB car charger
    Step 2. Plug 3.5 Audio plug in left cubby into USB BT
    Step 3. Plug BT receiver and car charger plug into DC outlet in left cubby.
    Step 4. Turn on Phone search for BT and Sync.
    Step 5. Select Pandora or your music and play all day long. (if you have provided power for the phone too)

Remember AUX has 2 inputs one from the rear saddlebag an Ipod or USB drive and the other from the left cubby 3.5 audio jack. So sometimes you have to hit it twice.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt