Had a nice Dam Ride over the Weekend
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Had a nice Dam Ride over the Weekend

Had a nice Dam Ride over the Weekend

This past weekend , I was able to go and took along a friend of mine for a weekend ride. The weather was chilly, and we rode in rain and sleet on Friday to Middle Tennessee ( Fairview ) Saturday was Sunny , but a chilly start with temps in the mid 20s. We're talking Fahrenheit for our Aussie and Canadian friends. It warmed up a bit and the intended theme of the ride was to visit as many Dams in the area as possible. I'm not sire how many dams we actually made it to as we ran out of day before getting to all on the list. However, the scenery was nice, the fellowship awesome and we had a great time. I had the only F6B there. most were on Valkyries, My friend on his Harley, there was another Harley and a Star.

The ride home was even better as my friend and I made a point to follow our nose. This point and shoot type of riding is what we do best. Just by chance went through downtown Nashville. It was really pretty at 10:30 on a Sunday morning. We were not overachievers this weekend, but managed to get in 700 miles of pretty much all rural 2 lane roads.Attachment 12816Attachment 12817Attachment 12818Attachment 12819Attachment 12820

Dam good post. Thanks
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dam it, wish I could have been their.

Dam you look good with that fast red bike!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Dam skippy that sounds like a nice ride!
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

And here I thought you rode over a dam...did not know all the other dams were envolved !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Looks like you and your dam friends had a dam good time.

Finally I was able to see your face ...

You took "a" friend, I count at least 13 bikes!

I gotta say I do like the look of the Harley tourers.

Had a ride just like yours.

Thought I was the only one crazy enough to get out in that stuff last week. On Thursday, I took off for a ride from Nashville to Lexington KY. Started out with low 50's but ended up at 42, after 4 hours of riding in the rain. Hadn't done any long rides and was tried of just reading about them. It would have been a bit less stressful if I hadn't taken I24 when I was supposed to taken I65. Two of riding later I found out I was 137 miles west of Elizabeth KY.. Almost turned around but remembered I had already paid for the Hot Wheels convention that I was headed to.

On Saturday I left for Nashville with the sun shining and a cool 28 degrees warm. Sure can get chilly at 80 mph. without a head stocking. This bike sure rides nice and I can't wait for the next ride. Maybe a trip to the Smokies will be next. 648 miles total.