Honda tall windshield or Madstad?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Honda tall windshield or Madstad?

Honda tall windshield or Madstad?

Currently have the tall Honda windshield with the vent. I like the Madstad but am wondering what difference I might notice.

Anyone with experience here?
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus661 View Post
    Currently have the tall Honda windshield with the vent. I like the Madstad but am wondering what difference I might notice.

Anyone with experience here?

One of the first things I did was get rid of that stock little shield and put on a Honda Tall Shield with the vent. It was OK but very noisy for me. I now have a Madstad 15" and am very happy. MUCH less wind noise and with the Madstad being a wider shield it has much better protection from the elements. I usually have it allmost the way down but really like the fact that in the cold here in New England I can slide it up all the way and stay warm and dry when needed.

I am 6' tall and have a stock seat. I was thinking of 13". Does that sound right?
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

A 13" Madstad should protect a 6' rider just fine; I'm 5'10 and use an 11" and it puts me in a still vacuum

I had a Honda Tall and just got back from a 140 mile ride with the new Madstad....very nice, better than the Honda tall...better than all I have tried and I have had a few !!!!! Second would be the Clearview Large... JMHO
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

shooter
    I have an 11 inch Cee Bailey. Its OK. I would like a little more protection but I think 13 is too tall. I want wind in the top of my helmet. I just ordered an 11 inch baggershield which goes up to 12.25. I feel like that is going to work for me. I'll give you a full report when I get it mounted.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus661 View Post
    I am 6' tall and have a stock seat. I was thinking of 13". Does that sound right?
    As you can see on the Madstad website, the 13" is suggested for a 6' rider:

http://www.madstad.com/s.nl/sc.7/category.11546/.f
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I had a Honda Tall and just got back from a 140 mile ride with the new Madstad....very nice, better than the Honda tall...better than all I have tried and I have had a few !!!!! Second would be the Clearview Large... JMHO
    ... but you didn't state how tall you are and what size Madstad you have installed??

Assuming any windshield is a package of looks, protection (sometimes over-protection) durability cost...maybe more; what exactly, would those who dislike the Honda tall, say are its shortcomings? With my Jeep, EVERYTHING was about beefier aftermarket- gears, protection, wheels... I'm new to Honda, but sense that their Goldwing platform is a thought-out 40yr. process of improvement. I've been assuming that when I get my F6 (warm up dammit) if the stock screen is too small, I'd go to the Honda tall.

This thread made me think about this- so I hope it doesn't sound like a hijack. Short q is what don't previous posters not like about the Honda tall...noise was one thing mentioned...(I'm coming from years of no screen on my Triumph, so I'm hoping the shortie keeps me happy for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    ... but you didn't state how tall you are and what size Madstad you have installed??

5'10" 13" Lt. Grey....Yes the 11" may have worked.... but taller can not hurt if it is not to tall.... I am somewhat tall waisted ...read 30" inseam
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com