Honda tall windshield or Madstad?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honda tall windshield or Madstad?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Honda tall windshield or Madstad?

Currently have the tall Honda windshield with the vent. I like the Madstad but am wondering what difference I might notice.

Anyone with experience here?
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus661 View Post
    Currently have the tall Honda windshield with the vent. I like the Madstad but am wondering what difference I might notice.

Anyone with experience here?

One of the first things I did was get rid of that stock little shield and put on a Honda Tall Shield with the vent. It was OK but very noisy for me. I now have a Madstad 15" and am very happy. MUCH less wind noise and with the Madstad being a wider shield it has much better protection from the elements. I usually have it allmost the way down but really like the fact that in the cold here in New England I can slide it up all the way and stay warm and dry when needed.

I am 6' tall and have a stock seat. I was thinking of 13". Does that sound right?
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

A 13" Madstad should protect a 6' rider just fine; I'm 5'10 and use an 11" and it puts me in a still vacuum

I had a Honda Tall and just got back from a 140 mile ride with the new Madstad....very nice, better than the Honda tall...better than all I have tried and I have had a few !!!!! Second would be the Clearview Large... JMHO
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

shooter
    I have an 11 inch Cee Bailey. Its OK. I would like a little more protection but I think 13 is too tall. I want wind in the top of my helmet. I just ordered an 11 inch baggershield which goes up to 12.25. I feel like that is going to work for me. I'll give you a full report when I get it mounted.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I had a Honda Tall and just got back from a 140 mile ride with the new Madstad....very nice, better than the Honda tall...better than all I have tried and I have had a few !!!!! Second would be the Clearview Large... JMHO
    ... but you didn't state how tall you are and what size Madstad you have installed??

Quote Originally Posted by zeus661 View Post
    I am 6' tall and have a stock seat. I was thinking of 13". Does that sound right?
    As you can see on the Madstad website, the 13" is suggested for a 6' rider:

http://www.madstad.com/s.nl/sc.7/category.11546/.f
    Ken (Hornblower)

Sorry I should have added to my origonal response

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    One of the first things I did was get rid of that stock little shield and put on a Honda Tall Shield with the vent. It was OK but very noisy for me. I now have a Madstad 15" and am very happy. MUCH less wind noise and with the Madstad being a wider shield it has much better protection from the elements. I usually have it allmost the way down but really like the fact that in the cold here in New England I can slide it up all the way and stay warm and dry when needed.
    After the Honda Tall shield I purchased a Clearview because I had one on my Valk, but I still wasn't happy. My first Madstad was the 13" and because I could see way over it when it was all the way down I decided to try the 15". With the 15" I can slide it down and see over the top which is how it is most of the time. BUT for me, on some occasions I want the extreme protection that the 15" offers.

I have the 13" Madstad windshield. There is Zero buffeting. I'm 6'01". I have it set up all the way up and at a 55 degree angle. I've considered lowering it to get more wind (it's that good). I believe it has a 4" up/down movement and an angle adjustment of 55 - 65 degrees. It took me awhile to decide on this windshield because it's not as "sleek" looking as the original, but I haven't regretted it and now I'm used to it and kind of like it. Here's some pictures of my ride this past Sunday.

Attachment 12662Attachment 12663Attachment 12661