Honda tall windshield or Madstad? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Honda tall windshield or Madstad?

My Madstad still whistles. When I sent the 13" back and orderd the 15" I talked to them about the whistle and they said they would make sure they smoothed out the edges BUT it still whistles.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    My Madstad still whistles. When I sent the 13" back and orderd the 15" I talked to them about the whistle and they said they would make sure they smoothed out the edges BUT it still whistles.
    When I first got mine, it whistled, but I have since changed the brackets around and improved the airflow. No whistle now. I have the original brackets that have way more adjustment than the one they sell now, and I've used all of it at one time or another. I still don't understand why they quit offering these brackets.

My outer shield is closer to the inner one with this adjustment, and is "almost" the same rake as the inner one. I've got the 11".

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    When I first got mine, it whistled, but I have since changed the brackets around and improved the airflow. No whistle now. I have the original brackets that have way more adjustment than the one they sell now, and I've used all of it at one time or another. I still don't understand why they quit offering these brackets.
    Just to be clear, the new brackets resolved the whistle issue, but have less adjustment?
    Does everyone with the original brackets experience whistling?

I have the old brackets (I think) and have a wee bit of whistling.

HiFlyer, any chance of getting side by side pics of the new and old?

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    I have the old brackets (I think) and have a wee bit of whistling.

HiFlyer, any chance of getting side by side pics of the new and old?
    If we can get Hornblower to post a pic of his. He is the only one I know personally that has the new brackets. Like I said, I've fumbled around with this thing since day one, and the outer shield being closer to the inner one with this setting may have something to do with it, if in fact the whistle is due to the older style brackets. That said, the whistle I had was random, faint, and never bothered me anyway. I've been fine tuning the airflow for my tastes, and can tell you that it is quieter now than it has ever been, which says a lot, because even in the original setting, it was quieter than my other shields.

My whistling also doesn't bother me, but if it's something I can get rid of for cheap, I'll do it

Ken,

Ol buddy ol pal... can you post a pic of the new bracket?

OK...just for you special guys. Here are a couple of pics of my Madstad brackets (and BTW, I have NO whistling):

First, showing the outside of the left bracket:
    Attachment 12779

Next, showing the inside of the right bracket
    Attachment 12780
    Ken (Hornblower)

Thanks!

Am I blind? I don't really see a difference with the old brackets.

Thanks!

Frankly, I don't know whether my brackets are considered new or old style. All I know is that whistling has never been an issue with my setup.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Thanks!

Yessir, you ARE blind, lol. My brackets are the old style, Ken's are the new style. The bracket that mounts to the base is what has been changed. The bracket mounting to the outer shield remains the same. On mine you can move the outershield closer to the inner shield with 3 different positions. On Ken's the outer shield bracket cannot be moved closer to the innershield. Look harder, you will see that Ken's outer shield is a lot further out than mine.

Here's a pic of the inner side,