first serious ride - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: first serious ride

Quote Originally Posted by sabre85 View Post

And for all you guys out there shaking your heads now, Yes, I know it's not a crotch rocket, but I sure am going to have fun surprising the hell out of some Rossi posers on as they see that big ol red rocket leaving them in the twisties.
    Please tell me you have a GoPro or VIRB camera and will capture the 6 spanking some faster bikes Yeah?

The only time mine act up is during light to medium application of the rear brakes; maybe I just need to be more firm about it, like you said, adjust the riding a bit.

Have you ever heard of "Yellow Wolf"?

Been to the Dragon quite a few times on different bikes. I cannot wait to get the B in the twisties. However, even the GL1800--extra weight, trunk and all-- has no problem hangin with the sportbikes. I read somewhere that YW's best time was about 11 minutes on the dragon, which avgs about 60MPH. I also understand a lot of that is the rider. BTW--I also read he had a tumble there and is not as frequent a visitor since then. Ride safe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37XLJNLpzxQ
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have also seen and heard a lot about Yellow Wolf and his Wing rides on the Dragon...Excellent rider, but I understand that he took a pretty bad tumble a while back and has not been out much since then???....I think he was very lucky that he did not go down a long time ago, not wishing bad, but a Goldwing in not a "sport bike" in any regard even though it handles its weight very, very well....JMHO

forgot this:

My SP (significant passenger) asked if I could tell that she was not paying attention to the road, just enjoying the ride. The reason she asked is that when we are out scratching on the VFR she has to be actively involved in the ride, as we do ride pretty quickly. I really couldn't tell she was back there at all, which was cool.

When we got home she said that she wanted a sticker for the 6, "Pass the chips please." I ask why and she says "because it just feels like I'm riding an 80 mile and hour couch"

forgot this:

My SP (significant passenger) asked if I could tell that she was not paying attention to the road, just enjoying the ride. The reason she asked is that when we are out scratching on the VFR she has to be actively involved in the ride, as we do ride pretty quickly. I really couldn't tell she was back there at all, which was cool.

When we got home she said that she wanted a sticker for the 6, "Pass the chips please." I ask why and she says "because it just feels like I'm riding an 80 mile and hour couch"
    LOL!!! My wife used to doze off on the back of my Ultra Classic. I never could understand why her helmet was alway hitting me in the back of the neck until she finally confessed one day. I joking told her that I traded it to keep her awake and both of us alive.

Last summer a buddy (on his Versys) and me on my Victory were tearing up some twisties in West Va pushing it just about as far as I was comfortable, when this bike pulls up behind rather quickly and then zooms around us never to be see again---yea, he was on a Wing...........with a cute girl on the back.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Finally got a chance to get some serious riding, two up, today. Coming off a 98 Valky and I have two VFR's in the garage next to the 6. The 6 is just a big VFR with less cornering clearance. Rear brake is a little touchy, It's the linked brakes, comes on a little too hard in the front when trailing the rear brake to scrub off just a little speed into the corner. I am a fan of the linked brakes, on my Veefers the link is invisible. You can use the rear to scrub speed without ever feeling it in the front, it just slows down, no squat, no stand up or fall in. I'm a sport biker at heart, riding for 35 yrs, several track days, and I've done a couple of track schools, so i do know my way around a corner, and understand the mechanics of braking and good lines. I'm sure I'll adjust to the 6's needs.

She's a big girl for sure but the 6 is so easy to tip into a corner and we all know the RED ones are rocket ships coming out of the corner. Love being able to just ride the wave of torque and hardly ever having to shift. Can't wait to get to the mountains.
    On my Wing I use the front brake to slow down if I go in to a turn to hot,the ante dive holds it up.
    I don't have the F6B yet so I don't know how it will work on it.
    2017 ABS Pearl White GoldWing Grand Touring motorcycle

Life is too short to sweat the petty stuff.