Backrest Riser for F6B on EBay
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Backrest Riser for F6B on EBay

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Testing

Has it gone through any testing? It looks like it would bend back without a lot of pressure. Could be dangerous to the passenger.

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone Laker View Post
    Has it gone through any testing? It looks like it would bend back without a lot of pressure. Could be dangerous to the passenger.
    I'm not sure what you're basing that comment on, just the picture? The backrest is steel, very strong and sturdy when mounted. At 4 inches and it being made out of steel you would have to put a tremendous amount of weight on it to make it "dangerous", more so than anyone could do leaning up against it. I could see after years of use maybe and that's a big maybe the bracket starting to bend slightly over time causing a slight curve in the metal but nothing dangerous. It's well made and definitely worth $40!

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    I'm not sure what you're basing that comment on, just the picture? The backrest is steel, very strong and sturdy when mounted. At 4 inches and it being made out of steel you would have to put a tremendous amount of weight on it to make it "dangerous", more so than anyone could do leaning up against it. I could see after years of use maybe and that's a big maybe the bracket starting to bend slightly over time causing a slight curve in the metal but nothing dangerous. It's well made and definitely worth $40!

I see it having no bending issues for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Laker View Post
    I'm sure it's strong enough, too. Can't say what my wife weighs (she won't even tell me), but she's almost 6 feet tall. There is give to it, but not that much. Ask Steve if you'e worried. My guess is that it's tempered steel.

Cool

As far as quality of material….it is tempered steel, just 4 inches taller. Yes there is some flex, but I feel this is a non issue…

The danger to me is the butt chock being so low someone flips over the back…having said that…no there has been no testing on the riser…I tested it on MY WIFE……she is fine….I have quite a few out there and not one complaint...Riding Motorcycles is Dangerous!!! However, if you purchase one and are not satisfied I will reimburse your money …. Period!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Testing

I was not trying to start anything or say you have a bad product. I think when someone put a product out there they need to know what the limits are of that product. If you don't and someone get hurt you can loose everything.

When ordering, bending was in my mind. But after installation, I think it's a non-issue...
    My passenger is not petite and very very important to me...
    jo and dad on F6B 1 sm.jpg
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

Just got mine and installed it today, it looks great. Steve was great to deal with, we spoke on the phone and he shipped it out that day.

Thanks again Steve for great service..................Richie

Cool

Glad I could help you out !!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Backrest

Just order my a few minute ago