Backrest Riser for F6B on EBay - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Backrest Riser for F6B on EBay

Steve, I like what you did here. Any thoughts on how to make the backrest "adjustable"....back to the original position with no passenger and adjust upwards in 1" increments for passenger?
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Backrest Riser F6B

Hi Steve, I have a F6B Deluxe with the backrest & the rack, I read your installation instructions and it was for just the backrest. How do I go about mounting it with the rack in place. I'm not that mechanicly inclined so you have to bear with me LOL. I ordered it and now just have to install it. Thanks for any help with this matter. I really like this web site. Thanks Kawi69

just ordered mine

I'm sitting in Maine relaxing after riding through Acadia National Park.
    Just a few inches of space between the backrest and seat would have made the luggage I used much easier to secure. We looked like the Beverly Hillbillies coming up here. But it all worked just fine. I hope the luggage won't be to much for the backrest extension. Well if it needs testing, this should do it.
    20130805_085419.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Darkknight View Post
    I'm sitting in Maine relaxing after riding through Acadia National Park.
    Just a few inches of space between the backrest and seat would have made the luggage I used much easier to secure. We looked like the Beverly Hillbillies coming up here. But it all worked just fine. I hope the luggage won't be to much for the backrest extension. Well if it needs testing, this should do it.
    Attachment 1598
    Is that Ellie Mae in behind the bike Jed?
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cool

Kawi69...to install the back rest riser you do not need to remove the rack...just remove the two bolts that are at the bottom of the backrest, it will fall into your hand...remove the two screws holding the rear cover on POP it off and remove the 4 bolts that hold the stock riser on and reverse order to reinstall...let me know if you need any help!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Clampetts

Yep, that be Ellie May looking for room for Granny's rocking chair.

But seriously, this setup has plenty of room, and the flexibility to use only one bag for shorter trips.
    AND the stock luggage rack evidently will hold MUCH more than the 6lbs its rated for.

Steve,

Is this item still available as it's not listed as a selling unit on eBay!? Please advise...Thanks!
    Thanks Jim - a.k.a. Bama Bagger

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny".

~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Bagger View Post
    Steve,

Is this item still available as it's not listed as a selling unit on eBay!? Please advise...Thanks!
    Me too. Lot of new F6 riders out here over the last year.

Ray

My powder coater went out of business…. I will look around and see what happens…Ultimate seat sells pretty much the same unit I sold …FYI
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Thanks Steve...just went over to Ultimate and purchased it!
    Thanks Jim - a.k.a. Bama Bagger

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny".

~ Thomas Jefferson