Backrest Riser for F6B on EBay - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Backrest Riser for F6B on EBay

Just put the Ultimate backrest extension on the bike. Wife loves it.

I too just installed the backrest riser from Ultimate. It was a super quick and easy install. I had my wife sit in the seat and immediately she loved it. I'm excited to take a spin tomorrow and see how it performs for a our next ride. Thanks again for the recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/111118212398...84.m1555.l2649

This is a backrest extension/riser that will mount on a F6B Deluxe backrest...Raising the back rest approximately four inches above stock. Ever have your passenger complain that they feel like they will fall off using the stock butt chock? This item will raise the backrest to a useable level to where it actually functions. As an added benefit you will then be able to use the backrest as a point to secure a day bag or other item to your rack!!! Literally a ten minute install time using the factory screw and bolts. Simply remove the two bolts that hold the backrest down, remove the two screws under the backrest and " pop " the backing off, next remove the four bolts that hold on the stock brace and install the new and improved brace. Reinstall and go for a ride...your passenger will be happy you did !!!
    looks like he's sold out!

Cool

I will put some effort into finding another powder coater this week....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar

DAGNABIT!!!
    I just ordered the Ult version 2 days ago!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I will put some effort into finding another powder coater this week....
    Steve, what's the latest? I finally got the wife on the bike and she wants a taller backrest. Consider one sold for me!

I didn't know Ultimate had one too. Let me know if you will have some Steve. If not I'll just order from Ultimate.

Adjustable Passenger Backrest:

I was out in Sturgis the week before the Rally and was talking to a fellow F6B rider (one of only a very few F6B's I saw out there). Turns out this guy was a Sales Rep for a Honda dealer out of IA. They are working with a local manufacturer and have developed an Adjustable Passenger Backrest mechanism for the F6B. It uses the stock passenger backrest. There is a pin you pull and the backrest will adjust from the full down position just like stock to about 4-1/2" up. There are about 4 or 5 pin locations through the entire range.

My girlfriend was with me and had made the 1,000 mile ride out on the back of the F6B. She was very comfortable the entire trip (3,000 miles total) on the stock seat with stock backrest. She sat on this gentleman's bike and was able to adjust the backrest to a height that suited her quite a bit better than the stock position for long legs.

I come from a manufacturing background and was impressed with the quality construction, precision and clean lines of this product. The Dealer explained that they had been through 3 different generations of the product during prototyping and ride testing. Looks like a lot of thought went into it. Talked to the Dealer today and hope to have one of these to install in the next couple of weeks and will report back on my impressions.

Thanks d-shark. Adjustability would be nice.