Question about cleaning F6b ?

Thread: Question about cleaning F6b ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question about cleaning F6b ?

Well It looks like it time to give a first wash. I heard about paint issues, so haven't washed my bike since I bought it 8 months ago. I'm afraid so will be taking it to auto detail place.

Now the question is what materials and stuff I shud take with me ? I read few threads here about Liquid glass and waxes. And how many layers shud I tell them to apply.

Is this liquid glass stuff one time thing or I'll have to use it all the time and where can I buy it ?

Any specific instructions that I shud give them ?

Thanks

I never hose my motorcycles. Bucket with car wash, bucket with clean water. Add microfiber rags to the car wash bucket and to the clean water. Wring the rags like you would wring your kids neck if he were to get the next door neighbors daughter pregnant. Wipe the bike in sections, then wipe with clean water rags. If water gets dirty, empty the bucket and start over. Hit overwet areas with a compressed air source if possible. Finish off with a detailer or something designed for finishing matte finished paint. Detail with protectants of your choice. Bikes are cheap to wash compared to a car. I am not a big fan of flooding the nooks and crannies of motorcycles. But, I see it done all the time with no issues.

I've washed my several times without any issues at all. 2013 red. I use a hose, bucket, autowash w/hot water and a microfiber cloth. Applied a coat of liquid glass after my post-Daytona bath.

I got my Liquid Glass cleaning and polishing kit on Amazon. I couldn't find it locally. I use a hose and bucket for the soap. I ride it in the rain so it can handle water, but I don't focus a heavy stream in one area. A soft spray gets all the soap off. I've been really happy with the LG products.

image.jpg

So ur telling me first wash the bike, dry and apply several coats of liquid glass, right ? Now is there a certain way that it has to applied ? I need all the info and directions so that I can pass it on to the Detailing place I'm taking it to.

Thanks

Liquid Glass says to be applied in straight lines, no circles. Let dry to haze and remove. Easy stuff to use. It also warns that a little color may appear on rag (oxidation) and is normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Vol1chuck View Post
    Liquid Glass says to be applied in straight lines, no circles. Let dry to haze and remove. Easy stuff to use. It also warns that a little color may appear on rag (oxidation) and is normal.
    +1. Directions are on all bottles.

Don't be scared of the Liquid Glass. I was until I used it. It's a thick liquid that goes on like a wax but in straight lines. Wait for it to dry and buff off with a microfiber towel. Takes almost no effort and it will shine like you put on a clear coat. The more layers, the better it looks.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Vol1chuck View Post

+1...apply as stated...push into the sun for an hour...bring back to shade...remove and be amazed !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com