best polish and wax
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: best polish and wax

best polish and wax

I have tried different swirl removers ect and found them to not remove imperfections only hide them. I have found that Meguires Ultimate Compound after a few applications will remove paint defects and leave a great finish that i then go over with Turtle Wax Black Box products that brings the black paint to perfection. If you are like me you would have avoided the Meguires Ultimate Compound fearing it would be to harsh. It is not, very impressed with both products. I am now finally in control of and loving the black paint.

Cool

ummmm........ as the collection grows....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I am using the Turtle Wax Black Box only with good results might give the compound a try Thanks

Well I think everyone knows I'm a huge fan for the use of Liquid Glass. So if you like waxing and detailing use whatever you find gives results. If you'd rather wax once a year, use the LG. JMO

I am also a lover of Liquid Glass. I used Meguire's Scratch X and it removed all the swirl marks. A lot of work but worth it.

Auto Polish/Finish

Quote Originally Posted by glryder98 View Post
    I am also a lover of Liquid Glass. I used Meguire's Scratch X and it removed all the swirl marks. A lot of work but worth it.
    Been using Liquid Glass Polish for years. IMHO it is one of the finest finishes you can apply to any automotive/cycle painted surface. LG actually contains no Silicones or Waxes. It is a Hydrocarbon/Polymer liquid which is easy on/easy off. So durable is the applied finish that
    should it have to be removed for painting you must use 00 steel wool and mineral spirits or Varsol That's is one tough finish

Another plus for Liquid Glass is that it doesn't leave any white film on the flat black parts or the dimpled areas. You can also apply it in the sun if you want.

Detail Tip

Another plus for Liquid Glass is that it doesn't leave any white film on the flat black parts or the dimpled areas. You can also apply it in the sun if you want.
    I agree about the LG on the flat black parts. Even better, dampen a small rag with good old ArmorAll Tire Foam and apply two coats to all black body panel surfaces. Let it dry between coats. After the second coat is dry use a soft terry cloth towel to remove any residue. The sheen on the black surfaces is unbelieveable Touch-up is easy and it can be removed with a good washing

Amen on getting on the non-painted parts. I'm a little sloppy, heck crazy sloppy, and LG cleans up well and I'm very happy with paint protection. I'll give you credit for that TEACH. Thanks. Coat two of LG going on tonight. Bike ain't moving again untill I have at least 4 coats.

How many coats should I apply

I have 5 coats on now, It is winter and can't ride away, should I put on 3-5 more coats? Does it hurt anything?