F6B Dark Side Riders

Thread: F6B Dark Side Riders

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have a goodyear on my Valk. I have the Michelin Alpin mounted for the F6B, just havent put on the bike yet.

bobbyf6b, WEIGHT!!! Other than the weight there are no real concerns not associated with other DS tires. You NEED to keep wheel and tire weight as close to stock as possible. Run Flats are usually heavier than a traditional tire. Hope that helps you......

calculator

I thought some of you considering DS might find this interesting: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tir...0r16-195-55r16

You can type in whatever tire size you are considering and get a comparison.

For the record I ran a Bridgestone Potenza 195/55R-16 on my Vision when I had it DS. Same size rear tire as a Goldwing. Some guys ran the 185/55R-16 even though it was a little shorter. It offered a little better sidewall clearance if running a hitch.

Great Info

Quote Originally Posted by Teach View Post
    I thought some of you considering DS might find this interesting: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tir...0r16-195-55r16

You can type in whatever tire size you are considering and get a comparison.

For the record I ran a Bridgestone Potenza 195/55R-16 on my Vision when I had it DS. Same size rear tire as a Goldwing. Some guys ran the 185/55R-16 even though it was a little shorter. It offered a little better sidewall clearance if running a hitch.
    Teach:

Thanks for the great info. The calculator tool should make tire selection much easier!

Bob

Glad I could help........

Just put on the Hankook H426 Optimo 195/60-16 on my brothers bike and will do likewise with mine as soon as this OEM Bridgestone wears down. We used the Hankook tires on the ST1300 and really liked rounded edges. Tried the Goodyear but it had a really square footprint. Anyway back to the Hankook. Right now at 44 psi with full luggage and really hard riding. Unbelievable wet traction and great contact patch in hard FAST sweepers. This tire should get +25k miles of hard use before replacement.

Just a personal note....I have used the CT on a number of bikes and would not go back to a MC tire on the rear if you gave them to me for free.

twisty perfomance?

The vast majority of what I read about CT's are good reviews. especially if you're going straight down a road, But how does a rear CT perform through twisty curves as compared the MT which is much more rounder? Better control with a MT or what. Is it harder to lean the bike with a CT? Seems to me a round tire would have more rubber contact which equals better grip compared to a CT..or am I wrong?