Quote Originally Posted by jeffedose View Post
my only question is there a ct that has a rounder side profile than the envigor? from all my reading on the gl sites it seems that the envigor was supposed to be the "roundest". thoughts from any of you guys?
In all reality the "rounder thread/tread profile has little to due with handling/cornering. In the case of 1 ply sidewall non-run flats, the tire sidewall actually collapses/squats when cornering and never "rolls" like a cycle tire! There's several good videos out there which will show exactly what I'm referring to. If you check your tire thread/tread very closely even with the low mileage you have, you'll discover there isn't any sign of wear except for the actual thread/tread face. I'm attaching a pic of a General G-Max 195/55-R16 (one ply sidewall) non-run flat with over 30K miles wear. There is no sign of wear to any portion of the side edge of the tire face. Started out with 32 psi and eventually settled at 42/43 PSI. I ride solo and weigh in at 256 LBS

DSC_0009.jpg

I believe you EnVigor is a non-runflat. That said you may want to do a close inspection of the side wall and look for the number of ply and type of sidewall construction. The lower the sidewall ply, the higher the air pressure required to eliminate "squirm". Sweet spot pressure is subjective given rider weight, two up riding etc. etc. Use whatever pressure that provides the best tire response and you'll be "golden"! Don't be afraid to adjust up or down in you quest for the best TP'

Safe Riding

bob109