F6B Dark Side Riders - Page 10
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: F6B Dark Side Riders

Well I am a newbee to the darkside but have put on rite at 6k on a car tire.Wasnt happy with it to start.But as everyone has said there is some trial and error to getting it to the rite pressure,suspention stting before it is rite.
    To explain.I am running a bridgstone blizzak run flat.{May be the only one} and traction has not been what I felt it should be.Played with the pressure some,but not a lot of help. Roll the throttle and smoke the tire.Was fun though. Last weekend kranked up the suspention setting for a 2 up N Ga mountain ride. That was the trick. Im thinking it mite bring the front wheel up now if I wanted.

I had 14000 on my bike and I knew I was going to Sturgis at the end of July. I'm planning to put 5000 miles on my trip. I looked and read a lot of threads about CT. So this is why I chose to run a CT......A much better ride and more miles per tire. I chose a Run Flat because I can run lower air pressure...In turn a better ride..If you chose to go to the DS RF tire you can play with your air pressure to your liking...I'm running about 30-32lbs. This my also depend on your weight...But 30-32 great for me I'm running Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position RFT on the rear

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    DS with the Alpine....no need to return to a MT..... I will be in Franklin, NC for the rally...... if someone wants to try a bike out before you make the jump...you are welcome to ride mine!!!
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    I had 14000 on my bike and I knew I was going to Sturgis at the end of July. I'm planning to put 5000 miles on my trip. I looked and read a lot of threads about CT. So this is why I chose to run a CT......A much better ride and more miles per tire. I chose a Run Flat because I can run lower air pressure...In turn a better ride..If you chose to go to the DS RF tire you can play with your air pressure to your liking...I'm running about 30-32lbs. This my also depend on your weight...But 30-32 great for me I'm running Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position RFT on the rear
    I was just on the tire rack looking at RF tires 195/55r16 there are a lot of choices I do like the Bridgestone Potenza or the Michelin Alpin Pa3 , I do like the Yokohama Avid .
    Any issues mounting up the run flat tire , I have access to several tire machines and will mount my tire up .
    How about balancing up the tire any issues .
    Thanks
    Max

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmax View Post
    I was just on the tire rack looking at RF tires 195/55r16 there are a lot of choices I do like the Bridgestone Potenza or the Michelin Alpin Pa3 , I do like the Yokohama Avid .
    Any issues mounting up the run flat tire , I have access to several tire machines and will mount my tire up .
    Thanks
    Max

Many choices out there, however for the past 2 years the Michelin Alpin Pa3 has become the number one choice for veteran GoldWing darksiders. The roundness of the profile makes it easier to handle and feels more like a motorcycle tire then any other car tire. The feedback from riders has been .... after just a couple hundred miles you can't tell the difference. Some are getting 25,000 - 30,000 miles.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Thanks
    Max
    I do my own "static wheel/tire balancing" and never had any issues. Most CT will use between 1/4-3/4 oz. weight to put them
    "on the button". Make sure you line up the balance paint/ink dots on the rim/tire. The G-Max required 36/38 lbs. pressure to seat the bead. As you will be doing your own mounting with a "tire machine" you shouldn't have any issues getting a RFCT on your rim

The tire you select should have a symmetrical directional thread/tread pattern with ample sipes giving the tire the ability too adequately channel water.

Keep us all posted on your progress!

Safe Riding

Bob

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill View Post
    .Wasnt happy with it to start.But as everyone has said there is some trial and error to getting it to the rite pressure,suspention stting before it is rite.
    To.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    . after just a couple hundred miles you can't tell the difference.
    1. None of this occurs with a MT.

2. The sooner you forget what a MT is like, the sooner you'll like a CT!

3. It's yer bike, ride whatever ya think ya like!

Got the tire in the other day , had my buddy at his shop mount it up , he said the wheel had a TPMS on the wheel ... Do the F6B's have that system or just the full wings .
    My wheel was a new take off not sure a 2014 but would say so .
    Attachment 6988

Got the tire in the other day , had my buddy at his shop mount it up , he said the wheel had a TPMS on the wheel ... Do the F6B's have that system or just the full wings .
    My wheel was a new take off not sure a 2014 but would say so .
    Attachment 6988
    No TPS with the F6B!

Looks like you made a great tire selection

Ride Safe

Bob

I had a car tire on my M109r before I traded it in on the F6B.
    Mine was a LITTLE bit wider though.
    It was a 275 35 18 mounted on a 10" rim.
    Talk about grip!! Couldn't break it loose even if I tried.
    It still cornered like it was nothing and had outlived the original MT three fold.
    Once this rear wears out I will be looking for a CT for it's replacement.