F6B Dark Side Riders - Page 11
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: F6B Dark Side Riders

I couldn't wait for the total end of my stone. 11300 miles and one plug due to a 3" nail and I couldn't stand it any longer. I have gone darkside on the F6B! It is wonderful. the lower center of gravity adds to the overall ease of transition from side to side and I couldn't be more happy!
    I was first darkside w/a GYTT on the Valkyrie and didn't know that it had a TOO SQUARE FOOTPRINT. there wasn't anything to compare it too. A good friend Jimmy Hay on the VRCC found the Falken 512 and convinced me to go w/the Falken. I could not find a 512 as I think they are in short supply, but I found a directional 912. I put it on my Valkyrie an was never happier. It is even better on the F6B! The Valkyrie has a higher center of gravity compared to the F6B so if there ever was any heaving over the edge it is completely undetectible on the F6B. I have a Falken 195-55-16 V-Rated 912 and I am thrilled at 36# pressure. I used to run 38# and my go back to that setting, but the first ride was really wonderfull at 36#. We shall see.Attachment 7075
    Blotar

Quote Originally Posted by Blotar View Post
    I couldn't wait for the total end of my stone. 11300 miles and one plug due to a 3" nail and I couldn't stand it any longer. I have gone darkside on the F6B! It is wonderful. the lower center of gravity adds to the overall ease of transition from side to side and I couldn't be more happy!
    I was first darkside w/a GYTT on the Valkyrie and didn't know that it had a TOO SQUARE FOOTPRINT. there wasn't anything to compare it too. A good friend Jimmy Hay on the VRCC found the Falken 512 and convinced me to go w/the Falken. I could not find a 512 as I think they are in short supply, but I found a directional 912. I put it on my Valkyrie an was never happier. It is even better on the F6B! The Valkyrie has a higher center of gravity compared to the F6B so if there ever was any heaving over the edge it is completely undetectible on the F6B. I have a Falken 195-55-16 V-Rated 912 and I am thrilled at 36# pressure. I used to run 38# and my go back to that setting, but the first ride was really wonderfull at 36#. We shall see.Attachment 7075
    Blotar
    I found it rather funny when you described the GYTT as too square a footprint. I had one on my Yamaha Stratoliner S and that is exactly what the tire felt like! A square/heavy handling feeling

I'm rather curious as to why you chose a tire without a symmetrical thread pattern. The Falken 512 thread/tread is both symmetrical and directional, where as, the 912 is but directional.

Please keep us posted/updated as to any thread/tread wear anomalies you may encounter with the 912.

I have 20K + miles on the 912 with the Valkyrie. I coulldn't ask for a better tire. I cannot tell that the tire is 'directional'. That's why I chose it for the F6B. The fact that it is V rated is just a plus for those triple digit moments that occur from time to time.
    Blotar

I found it rather funny when you described the GYTT as too square a footprint. I had one on my Yamaha Stratoliner S and that is exactly what the tire felt like! A square/heavy handling feeling"

Same way I felt about the Bridgestone Pontenza....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I have gone to the darkside ... pretty nice I must say bike handles better , I have the air pressure at 35 but may go up to 42 just see what it feels like with a little more crown to the tire .
    The new wheel has a up graded aluminum stem ? is that new for 2014 ... and I ask my buddy who owns and runs a cycle shop and said yes the wheel does have a pressure sensor in that wheel ... very odd .
    Handles great !Attachment 7086Attachment 7085

I felt required to put a metal 90 deg stem in my new tire. I sort of hated to cut out a perfectly good valve stem. Oh well, I was laughing all day today, realizing that I had gone Dark Side again and am loving it! We are going to the Pacific North Wet in three weeks and I can't wait to get out of Texas.
    Botar

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmax View Post
    The new wheel has a up graded aluminum stem ? is that new for 2014 ... and I ask my buddy who owns and runs a cycle shop and said yes the wheel does have a pressure sensor in that wheel ... very odd .
    Handles great !
    Wonder if its off a 2014 GL? They have an 'all black' model now,,,

I was kind of thinking that my self ... My buddy left the sensor on the wheel , looks like the aluminum valve is a better choice than the rubber .
    Wonder if they make a app to read the sensor .... LOL

Time Flies

A mere 19 months ago tomorrow I started this Thread about and for F6B Dark Side Riders. With 12005 views as of this post it appears to be one of the most visited Threads on our Forum. The input from all sides on the subject has been openly shared, pros/cons, good and bad and every feeling and emotion in between has been discussed. No one has "crashed and burned" (to my knowledge) and some have tried the DS and returned to a MT. No one has been shot for for doing so. Knowledge regarding tire brands, sweet spot tire pressures and overall tire performance has been shared which displays a great amount of respect for all member regardless of what side of the fence you opt to be on. Subjects of this nature can become very messy and create havoc for the Administrator and Moderators but we have demonstrated diligence when differing in our thoughts and opinions. That is a testament to all folks who share a passion for cycling regardless of what you ride, how you equip it and where you reside. I toast all of you for your classiness.

Safe Riding to each you

Got my Darkside sticker in da mail today, kinda expected some number w/it ?