F6B Dark Side Riders - Page 12
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: F6B Dark Side Riders

Test to move
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Three Year Anniversary

How times flies! Today it has been a mere three years since I penned this thread. With over 25K+ views it appears to have had the attention of many. Since that initial post, I'm currently on my second General G-Max after receiving 30.3K miles service form the first. Additionally I'm on my second Bridgestone BattlAx, the first achieving 23K miles wear! Double Dark Siding has provided safe, dependable and long wear service from both front and rear tires.

Want to mention that the "sweet spot" for the tires have been 40psi front and 42/43psi rear. Those pressures provided predictable performance and ultimately produced some scalloping of both tires at the end of their service life.

I've had numerous courteous private e-mails from interested folks over these three years and those same folks have made the transition to the DS. Hope they take the time to share their CT experience with the posting of their tire brand and "sweet spot" tire pressure.

Thanking all those who have contributed to this topic/thread

Regards and Safe Riding to all

bob109

True... I had a D.S. sitting on the ground when the new bike came home. Can't see going back!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

first 70 mile darkside ride

hello. just did my first loop in Colorado with Yokohama envigor 195 on my gl1800. i have been one of these guys that has been wondering for so long I finally pulled the trigger. my only concern might be transitioning back onto one of my other bikes each time....I rode at 42 psi on i70 up the hill and wasn't very impressed in the turns. it made the bike ride much smoother on the highway but does require a little more input in the turns also found it a bit squiggly thru front end input I am running a superbrace and progressive suspension with brand new tapered bearings..I then lowered the tire pressure to 37psi down the canyon I found the bike much more controllable and smoother transitions thru the corners.. I raced for years and still own a rocket...I had the kids in the canyon on there r1s laughing this a.m as I followed them down on a wing with a car tire....overall a very decent experience and I will be putting one on the f6 when the mc tire is fried. my only question is there a ct that has a rounder side profile than the envigor? from all my reading on the gl sites it seems that the envigor was supposed to be the "roundest". thoughts from any of you guys? anyone else riding on an envigor? air pressure ? thanks. where can I get a darkside badge or emblem?....lol.

Cool

" where can I get a darkside badge or emblem?....lol "

I will look into that and see what I can do !!!! I should have done this long ago...Hey BOB!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    " where can I get a darkside badge or emblem?....lol "

I will look into that and see what I can do !!!! I should have done this long ago...Hey BOB!!!!!!!
    Steve:

Never had a badge or plate indicating I was a Dark Sider! There are probably a few sites which have them available. Not sure as I've personally never did a search. Some folks, although Dark Siders, like to remain anonymous! They like to avoid the "bashing" by the nay- sayers/critics. If someone would come up with a sticker/badge specifically for "F6B Dark Sider" it my get wider interest

Regards

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by jeffedose View Post
    my only question is there a ct that has a rounder side profile than the envigor? from all my reading on the gl sites it seems that the envigor was supposed to be the "roundest". thoughts from any of you guys?
    In all reality the "rounder thread/tread profile has little to due with handling/cornering. In the case of 1 ply sidewall non-run flats, the tire sidewall actually collapses/squats when cornering and never "rolls" like a cycle tire! There's several good videos out there which will show exactly what I'm referring to. If you check your tire thread/tread very closely even with the low mileage you have, you'll discover there isn't any sign of wear except for the actual thread/tread face. I'm attaching a pic of a General G-Max 195/55-R16 (one ply sidewall) non-run flat with over 30K miles wear. There is no sign of wear to any portion of the side edge of the tire face. Started out with 32 psi and eventually settled at 42/43 PSI. I ride solo and weigh in at 256 LBS

DSC_0009.jpg

I believe you EnVigor is a non-runflat. That said you may want to do a close inspection of the side wall and look for the number of ply and type of sidewall construction. The lower the sidewall ply, the higher the air pressure required to eliminate "squirm". Sweet spot pressure is subjective given rider weight, two up riding etc. etc. Use whatever pressure that provides the best tire response and you'll be "golden"! Don't be afraid to adjust up or down in you quest for the best TP'

Safe Riding

bob109

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Steve:

Never had a badge or plate indicating I was a Dark Sider! There are probably a few sites which have them available. Not sure as I've personally never did a search. Some folks, although Dark Siders, like to remain anonymous! They like to avoid the "bashing" by the nay- sayers/critics. If someone would come up with a sticker/badge specifically

let em bash I welcome the conversation. I have a 330 on the rear of one of my vmaxes it acts like a board when up on edge the other side is 3 inches in the air. haha thanks bob for your input I will keep playing with air pressures I was solo today but generally 2 up 42 psi was a little heavy for me...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Goldwi...-/160967966246

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Goldwi...-/160967966246

Thanks!!!!!! You saved me some work !!!! And yes I have the one above and another...

Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position RFT 195/55R16 and love it. I have about 25000 miles on my rear tire and have at least 10-15000 left. I will buy another one when and it ever wears out I run it at 32-33 lbs