F6B Dark Side Riders - Page 2
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: F6B Dark Side Riders

Glad I could help........

Just put on the Hankook H426 Optimo 195/60-16 on my brothers bike and will do likewise with mine as soon as this OEM Bridgestone wears down. We used the Hankook tires on the ST1300 and really liked rounded edges. Tried the Goodyear but it had a really square footprint. Anyway back to the Hankook. Right now at 44 psi with full luggage and really hard riding. Unbelievable wet traction and great contact patch in hard FAST sweepers. This tire should get +25k miles of hard use before replacement.

Just a personal note....I have used the CT on a number of bikes and would not go back to a MC tire on the rear if you gave them to me for free.

twisty perfomance?

The vast majority of what I read about CT's are good reviews. especially if you're going straight down a road, But how does a rear CT perform through twisty curves as compared the MT which is much more rounder? Better control with a MT or what. Is it harder to lean the bike with a CT? Seems to me a round tire would have more rubber contact which equals better grip compared to a CT..or am I wrong?

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    No matter what bike ya ride, (except perhaps a Sport bike) there will always be these MT / CT discussions. I've done both and prefer the MT.
    More of a 'what's right for you' thing than a 'right' or 'wrong' subject.
    Lots of Wing riders run CT's. They should be able to provide assistance in this search.

On my 03 VTX1800R I had a Michelin HydroEdge 205/65/16
    When the stock wears out on the F6B, I will be putting the Kumho RF 195/55/16 that I just put on my 07 Wing. It has about 7,000 miles on it.
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by kjelders View Post
    On my 03 VTX1800R I had a Michelin HydroEdge 205/65/16
    When the stock wears out on the F6B, I will be putting the Kumho RF 195/55/16 that I just put on my 07 Wing. It has about 7,000 miles on it.
    Lots of video on YouTube of motorcycles tearing up the asphalt with CT's. Here's one of the tire you mentioned. Is it you? I will be seriously thinking about replacing my stock tire with a CT when it wears out.

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRider View Post
    The vast majority of what I read about CT's are good reviews. especially if you're going straight down a road, But how does a rear CT perform through twisty curves as compared the MT which is much more rounder? Better control with a MT or what. Is it harder to lean the bike with a CT? Seems to me a round tire would have more rubber contact which equals better grip compared to a CT..or am I wrong?
    I just read this, it may provide some insight from the tire and motorcycle industry:

http://www.ridermagazine.com/browse-...torcycles.htm/

I'm considering adding the F6B to my current collection of one motorcycle, but will more than likely stay on MTs when the time comes to replace tires. Those touring tires will seem like they last forever compared to the tire life I'm used to getting on my Hayabusa over the years. Looking forward to having the "sport" Goldwing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stroked99 View Post
    I just read this, it may provide some insight from the tire and motorcycle industry:

http://www.ridermagazine.com/browse-...torcycles.htm/

I'm considering adding the F6B to my current collection of one motorcycle, but will more than likely stay on MTs when the time comes to replace tires. Those touring tires will seem like they last forever compared to the tire life I'm used to getting on my Hayabusa over the years. Looking forward to having the "sport" Goldwing.
    My favorite quote from that page:

I’ve been riding with a car tire for over 2 years with over 15,000 miles, rode twisties from Arkansas to West Virginia. I have worked in manufacturing for 25 years. One thing I’ve learned is that there are alot of technical, scientific or safety related reasons something should not work but you try it and it just does, I’d like to see instead of you telling us it should not work, do some actual riding/testing and prove it will not work.

They always show the MT leaning over and sticking to the road. When you lean on a CT it flexes and you actually end up with more rubber on the ground than a MT. After over 20 years of off-roading and seeing what tires can endure I wouldn't think twice about putting a CT on my motorcycle. When off-roading and rock crawling, we lower our tire pressure to 10 psi and below so the tires will wrap around rocks. I've run the same tires for years, lowering and raising tire pressures sometimes weekly. CT's are flexible.

It's not a right or wrong issue, it's a choice. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside that we have a choice to do things that buck the norm. Isn't FREEDOM awesome?