Everyone See this? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Everyone See this?

I bought the first F6B in Arizona, and the second one on our regestery. Needless to say I didn't get a screaming deal. Oh well that's the way she goes. The only thing that kinda sucks is I can't trade it for something else without taking a major hit, even after 26 months of payments. Yikes. Might as well keep it.

I realize the bikes in general are not something that will retain or add value. The thing that I cant seem to understand is how a 21K bike looses almost 50% immediately. No matter how well off you are that is not something you want to go through on any bike. I also went to a Harley Dealership on Saturday with a friend and the place was packed with people walking around looking at bikes and buying stuff. My friend knows a sales lady at the Harley Dealership and she told us she sold 5 bikes last Thursday alone. The very same day the Honda Dealership had 2 people in it, Myself and my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry S View Post
    I realize the bikes in general are not something that will retain or add value. The thing that I cant seem to understand is how a 21K bike looses almost 50% immediately. No matter how well off you are that is not something you want to go through on any bike. I also went to a Harley Dealership on Saturday with a friend and the place was packed with people walking around looking at bikes and buying stuff. My friend knows a sales lady at the Harley Dealership and she told us she sold 5 bikes last Thursday alone. The very same day the Honda Dealership had 2 people in it, Myself and my friend.
    I know the feeling...Went to the local Honda Dealership this last Saturday afternoon just to look around..It was "scary"...not one person on the sales floor looking at bikes and only a few in the parts/accessories area...!!! Just 1 block away at the Victory/Indian Dealership the showroom had about 10/12 looking at bikes...Less than 5 miles away HD dealership it was full of lookers, buyers, and the parts and accessory counter were full!!!....Go figure, no wonder Honda bikes are not selling cause no one wants them???? I jokingly said to a sales person at the HD dealership would he take my F6B in trade?..He looked at me funny, said your kidding aren't you we don't take bikes in trade we cannot sell, and walked away!!!

You gotta hand it to HD they have the best marketing anywhere, their business plan is nearly flawless. I'd like to see the Indian/Victory dealers pick up a little more of that market segment. I think they offer a great product and I really like some of the new Victory's.

IMO it depends more on the dealership, the folks that own it, and the day-to-day operation than the name brand appearing on the sign. Here in Decatur, Il our local Big 4 Japan + KTM , Poloris, Can Am, World Of Power Sports WOPS dealership sells many, many more bikes per year than our local HD dealer. Not only that a couple of our local HD salesman (1 who was there for several years) are now working at WOPS ! In addition they have 10x the HD motorcycles in stock on their show room than the local HD dealership. In addition they have over 700 units in stock in their Decatur, IL store. These same owners also own motorcycle dealerships in Peoria, Bloomington and none are Harley Davidsions.

Sooooooo let's not get a linching party together for Honda Dealerships.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doug K9CRT
    Decatur, IL
    2013 F6b (Red)
    Cage 2016 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
    Cage in Avatar Honda S2000

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyWho View Post
    I bought the first F6B in Arizona, and the second one on our regestery. Needless to say I didn't get a screaming deal. Oh well that's the way she goes. The only thing that kinda sucks is I can't trade it for something else without taking a major hit, even after 26 months of payments. Yikes. Might as well keep it.
    Your not alone Speedy I was the first F6B owner in Northern Nevada and possibly the first in the State.I worked hard to get a grand off the price at the time and like you are about 25 months into payments.That being said I really don't know if a 5 or 6 grand hit justifys a new F6B so I will hold on to my 13 and ride the hell out of her as it is by far the best bike I have rode to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug44 View Post
    IMO it depends more on the dealership, the folks that own it, and the day-to-day operation than the name brand appearing on the sign. Here in Decatur, Il our local Big 4 Japan + KTM , Poloris, Can Am, World Of Power Sports WOPS dealership sells many, many more bikes per year than our local HD dealer. Not only that a couple of our local HD salesman (1 who was there for several years) are now working at WOPS ! In addition they have 10x the HD motorcycles in stock on their show room than the local HD dealership. In addition they have over 700 units in stock in their Decatur, IL store. These same owners also own motorcycle dealerships in Peoria, Bloomington and none are Harley Davidsions.

Sooooooo let's not get a linching party together for Honda Dealerships.
    Not trying to "lynch" or disparage any Honda Dealerships...Just stating the facts around here as I have observed them...The dealer where I bought my F6B in Central Michigan is one of largest and best run ones around..They sell a lot of Honda products and a "boat load" of trikes...Great people to deal with and care about the customer..Victory/Indian dealers around here are also very nice..The 3 HD dealers in the area could care less in most instances in my opinion.....

I'm just outside Philadelphia Pa , I just picked up a 2014 full wing to convert to bagger and got my deal about 100 miles away , I have been to a lot of dealers before I made my deal . just about every dealer was sitting on the Valkyries .
    There going to have to tape a lot of $$$$ to those bikes to sell them , they serve no purpose out side of aesthetics .
    I seen the Valkyrie when it was at the Javits center in NYC before it hit the market and knew it was a dud . It looks very similar to another flop back in 2008 the Suzuki B-king .
    That bike also had a great Hayabusa motor but who needs a 190 mph naked bike . Honda combined the great cruiser motor of all time with a naked sport like bike ... who needs a slow heavy sport bike ... LOL
    I bought a left over B-king on 2011 was a new 3 year old bike paid 7700 for a 13k bike , that was a fun bike and did not loose when I sold it .
    Were well into 2015 and the 2016 are on there way . alot of dealers were concerned about selling the F6b and that was not the problem bike .

I love the looks of the Valkyrie and the flat 6 we all know is a winner. If I had a boatload of money I would buy one at the "reduced price"---the problem is as MM said, it is for a specific crowd and not many of that crowd ride metric bikes. Bar hopping bikes are generally reserved for Harleys. It is big, heavy, LOOKS EXTREMELY COOL, but there is no wind protection or bag storage nor is it comfortable for long rides (my opinion from sitting on one). You have a drive train built for long smooth rides---but the bike is not. It is cool in it's own way--just not sure it has enough cool to support a price tag in the mid teens. Kind of like my wife's Mazda MX5 convertible. It is a single purpose vehicle--for fun only.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HD has product recognition, but no one even knows what a f6 is, out there. First quarter of 2014 HD sold 37000 units alone with Street Glides leading the sales. Indians are outselling Victories, so vintage baggers it is. Well I don't mind being the only black f6 on the road out here, more leg room.
    ss^,
    Ken