More finish problems - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: More finish problems

From the pic it looks like that fastener near the exhaust is also corroded. Are any of the others on the bike showing similar signs/surface discoloration? It may just be those near the exhaust.

It can be hard to chrome a sharp edge like the rolled edge of the exhaust outlet. That may be where the corrosion started, then grew. Still, it should be taken care of by Honda.

Gumby, nope not trolling at all. I was simply suggesting a couple of options for you (and or others) that may be of some benefit as well as look nice. Ceramic coating, Chrome powder coating, and yep even re-chroming the end caps is not a major expense. Couple the expense of the time wasted running back and forth to the dealer, with aggravation and the $60 to $100 bucks to have your end caps redone in either black or red chrome powder coating ain't bad. I actually think black chrome powder coated end caps would look sharp on either colored bike, and it wouldn't rust again.

Let me give you an idea of where I'm coming from. I had a first year Victory Vision, with all the warts and then some. I found myself running back and forth to the dealer more than going out to enjoy the ride. I also found I spent WAY too much time at the dealer with these issues. So after assessing the agro, lost ride time, back and forth to have the same work redone over and over, I found alternative solutions that would last.
    I see some of the F6 owners going down this same path I did with the Vision and I am simply trying to provide simple solutions to decrease or avoid the lost saddle-time and high blood pressure.
    Yes I REALIZE these are new bikes, under warranty, paid a lot of money for them and the manufacturer SHOULD make things right, PRINCIPLE!!! I get it, I really do, BUT there comes a point when the principle's should take a back seat and common sense kicks in. If a simple cost effective solution is available, it MIGHT be worth doing rather than cutting off one's nose to spite the face.
    In other words not a TROLL at all just trying to provide an OPTION or two that may have a BETTER end result. That is not to say you shouldn't try to force Honda to do the right things, you should, but you also have other options when all else fails.
    Enjoy the ride...........