want to relocate to north Georgia - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: want to relocate to north Georgia

Artiste Extraordinaire Elin in So. Cal.'s Avatar

North Georgia

I HIGHLY recommend North Georgia around Dawsonville. I have a dear friend who owns a farm there (600 acres or so) and the area is really nice. Cooler and wetter than Atlanta, and really nice roads.

Here's one acre properties:

http://tinyurl.com/dawsoncounty
    I set this to start at $150,000 but there are more reasonably priced homes in the same area. Just change the pricing on the top bar. I set it for one acre properties plus, so you won't see any half acres.

Have fun browsing!
    This one is near my friend's place on Cowart and Kelly Bridge Roads:
    http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/37...68625395_zpid/
    "If it moves, paint it."

Quote Originally Posted by ED209 View Post
    that's why I asked here with real people, brothers who ride...

Well I like the area and so does the boss (wife).
    I do refer to the whole area of SC where you are. I just reread that above post
    ED209 says RED is faster, you have 20 seconds to comply !

Quote Originally Posted by Elin in So. Cal. View Post
    I HIGHLY recommend North Georgia around Dawsonville. I have a dear friend who owns a farm there (600 acres or so) and the area is really nice. Cooler and wetter than Atlanta, and really nice roads.

Here's one acre properties:

http://tinyurl.com/dawsoncounty
    I set this to start at $150,000 but there are more reasonably priced homes in the same area. Just change the pricing on the top bar. I set it for one acre properties plus, so you won't see any half acres.

Have fun browsing!
    This one is near my friend's place on Cowart and Kelly Bridge Roads:
    http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/37...68625395_zpid/
    Thank you, I put a note in to the realtor for one of those too.

Check out loris SC, lots of houses in foreclosure, safe, and close to the beach. Used to be big in manufacturing and farming. Not so much now.

Property upgrade

Brother, consider a total upgrade to Tennessee. No income tax, no vehicle tax my county, and get up in the morning and ride mountains in any direction. Near Monteagle, TN. I am downsizing. 130 acres of woods, rocks, trees, pasture, dead end road, few people, and biker friendly neighbors. Home/RV site with easy access to utilities. Your personal state park 7 miles from I-24 exit 127.
    Yep, it's Limbuck and I miss all my old friends. I still ride my original bike just had to let the F6B move on to Texas. Just saying, as they say,

Quote Originally Posted by Limbuck View Post
    Yep, it's Limbuck and I miss all my old friends. I still ride my original bike just had to let the F6B move on to Texas. Just saying, as they say,
    Ricky, sorry you couldn't make it to the rally this year . Several of us missed you and Mary. Any chance of getting back to the F6B or Goldwing in the future?
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Limbuck View Post
    Brother, consider a total upgrade to Tennessee. No income tax, no vehicle tax my county, and get up in the morning and ride mountains in any direction. Near Monteagle, TN. I am downsizing. 130 acres of woods, rocks, trees, pasture, dead end road, few people, and biker friendly neighbors. Home/RV site with easy access to utilities. Your personal state park 7 miles from I-24 exit 127.
    Parking an RV in a park would be cool.

Alright I finally found a realtor who has a ton of RV lots in Ellijay Ga.

Anybody close to Ellijay, I may be coming to your area soon. Maybe just a weekend here and there at first, but I want to live there eventually.

Im working on one right now on the south west corner of the Chattahoochee National Forest, actually in forest territory. I hope it goes through. Then I will have a home near the best riding in the country.