battery life on ACC?

Thread: battery life on ACC?

battery life on ACC?

About how long does the battery last on acc with the radio on? I sure don't want to try and bump start the big girl.

Quote Originally Posted by sabre85 View Post
    About how long does the battery last on acc with the radio on? I sure don't want to try and bump start the big girl.
    I have no idea, but a healthy battery should be alright for awhile. I wouldn't set up a picnic and and get carried away. I have more drain on my battery than the OEM audio system I would think. I replaced the OEM amplifier with an aftermarket for my audio upgrades. I've listened to the stereo , just playing around, for many minutes without a problem.

I've listen to the radio for a couple of hours without any issues on ACC
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Battery life on ACC

[QUOTE=Fla_rider;69770]I've listen to the radio for a couple of hours without any issues on ACC.

I recently drained my battery parked in the garage while installing speakers and mirror turn signal lights so I would say an hour or so with the iPod playing and occasional tests of the "on" position to verify signals.

1 hour to 20 hours depending on health.

Theoretically speaking... : http://www.digikey.com/en/resources/...r-battery-life

The OEM battery is 20Ah (= 20,000 mAh). How much current do your accessories draw? Let's call it 1 Ah if its just the audio system.

Lets also say you don't want to drain more than 1/2 of the batteries capacity, so we'll use 10 Ah. With the derating factor of 0.7 used by the calculator above, 7 hours should be doable and still have enough juice left to startup.