Beeping sounds coming from the F6b?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beeping sounds coming from the F6b?

Beeping sounds coming from the F6b?

Ok, After 35 years and counting in the machine shop, too many loud concerts, loud pipes, etc., I can swear I hear a faint beeb coming from the instrument panel on the F6b once in a while when cruising around town. I wear a full face helmet, which isn't helping me discern whether or not I'm actually hearing or imagining the beep. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
    Thanks, Mike

that sounds like my on-going saga with my trip odometers....

when i hear the random beeps.... i look down at the trip odo.

sometimes it beeps once (no changes), when it beeps multiple times it resets either one or both of the trip odometers...

waiting on a honda rep to get back with my local honda shop service manager

i've learned to live with it, just like the voices i hear
    What? Coffee ISN'T free?

Rode-map

WoW!!! not sure I would have gone public with that info......
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by tozco View Post
    Ok, After 35 years and counting in the machine shop, too many loud concerts, loud pipes, etc., I can swear I hear a faint beeb coming from the instrument panel on the F6b once in a while when cruising around town. I wear a full face helmet, which isn't helping me discern whether or not I'm actually hearing or imagining the beep. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
    Thanks, Mike
    Hmmm..I have no idea what would cause the beeping, but you can try this. In settings turn off the "beep" option when buttons are pressed.

-If you still hear the beeping it might be high pitched squeaks coming from inside the shelter, perhaps where a wire harness is chaffing against something.

-If the beeping stops, then you might consider there is a fault with the instrument settings panel.

-It's imagined.

-Tinitus

That's all I got.

possible malfunction in oneof the buttons. Could be some dirt or moisture causing a button to stick or for continuity where it is not supposed to be , when it's not supposed to be. With the audio beep on for pressing buttons, you could be hearing the offending button randomly making connections when bumps are hit. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    possible malfunction in oneof the buttons. Could be some dirt or moisture causing a button to stick or for continuity where it is not supposed to be , when it's not supposed to be. With the audio beep on for pressing buttons, you could be hearing the offending button randomly making connections when bumps are hit. Just a thought.
    i thought of that,

so i disconnected the button group, it still did the beeping reset thing

(oh , the voices told me to trade the harley for the F6, so they know something, lol)
    What? Coffee ISN'T free?

Rode-map

If I turn off the beeb in the audio menu, I'll never figure out what is causing the beep. It's when I ride around with the radio volume at 15 or so, but with the mute on that I hear the occasional beep. I live near many radio towers, could it be that there is a beep when the signal goes between stereo and mono for an instant?

Strange - it's really strange !!!

I keep hearing beeping sounds too.

Attachment 12849

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    I keep hearing beeping sounds too.
    I do too. It's the four wheelers honking at me when I zip by them.