Where are the F6B Riders coming from? - Page 9
Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are the F6B Riders coming from?

F6B in England UK

I have been reading this forum since it began and joined in March only to find a few months later that it crashed and I got deleted! Anyway, I am back.............together with a new F6B.
    The F6B was only available to special order in the UK. Honda did not want to get loaded with a lot of unsold bikes so they told their dealers to order what they wanted (up to a maximum of 5) and they would get the bikes shipped from Japan.
    Well they arrived in the UK on 22nd July, all 37 0f them! 26 Black and 11 red. My dealer ordered 3 and has sold all of them. We only get the standard bike in europe, but with ABS and HISS (Honda Ignition Security System). I picked my Black beauty up on August 3rd and I cannot stop smiling!
    I rode the first 300 miles with the standard screen and knew I had to change it for something taller. Mission accomplished, I have now adapted a Goldwing screen with vent, which sits 18.5 inches from the rubber. I find this to be perfect for me. My next addition will be a centre stand.
    I have been riding 47 years and have been there/ done that as far as bikes are concerned. Back in 1990 I owned a Harley FLHT for a year then sold it. In December 2012 I bought a 2002 Road King to give Harley another chance...........I forgot what they were like and decided I had made a mistake. Thankfully the dealer took it in trade for the F6B.
    This is a great Forum, dedicated to a great bike, thanks for sharing the knowledge you guys have. By the way Honda UK are not ordering any more bikes for this year, but there is strong talk of a new F6C on the horizon.

Just traded in my Burgman 650 for a new F6B, previous bikes were a Vulcan 750 and a Suzuki Savage.

Rich

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Bob the bike View Post
    I have been reading this forum since it began and joined in March only to find a few months later that it crashed and I got deleted! Anyway, I am back.............together with a new F6B.
    The F6B was only available to special order in the UK. Honda did not want to get loaded with a lot of unsold bikes so they told their dealers to order what they wanted (up to a maximum of 5) and they would get the bikes shipped from Japan.
    Well they arrived in the UK on 22nd July, all 37 0f them! 26 Black and 11 red. My dealer ordered 3 and has sold all of them. We only get the standard bike in europe, but with ABS and HISS (Honda Ignition Security System). I picked my Black beauty up on August 3rd and I cannot stop smiling!
    I rode the first 300 miles with the standard screen and knew I had to change it for something taller. Mission accomplished, I have now adapted a Goldwing screen with vent, which sits 18.5 inches from the rubber. I find this to be perfect for me. My next addition will be a centre stand.
    I have been riding 47 years and have been there/ done that as far as bikes are concerned. Back in 1990 I owned a Harley FLHT for a year then sold it. In December 2012 I bought a 2002 Road King to give Harley another chance...........I forgot what they were like and decided I had made a mistake. Thankfully the dealer took it in trade for the F6B.
    This is a great Forum, dedicated to a great bike, thanks for sharing the knowledge you guys have. By the way Honda UK are not ordering any more bikes for this year, but there is strong talk of a new F6C on the horizon.
    Hi Bob,

Yip it's a shame we are limited to so few bikes and to only the standard models, but with all the add ons we can soon fix that. All the best.

Paul B....
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

09 vulcan voyager

Traded my 09 vulcan voyager for an f6b. Like going from a dump truck to a Ferrari. Couldn't be happier. My wife loves it too, which is important because every time I leave with the bike she is on it too!

Where are the F6B Riders coming from?

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom6B View Post
    F6B Riders .....

What Motorcycle did you trade, retired or sold to acquire a NEW F6B ?

I have seen several posts from Riders that are coming from another Brand of motorcycle. Just curious where everyone is coming from.
    I started on a 1980 Yamaha Midnight Maxim, then 1981 Honda Goldwing, 1986 Honda Goldwing, 1998 Valkyrie Black (totaled it) replaced it with a 1998 Valkyrie Burgundy & Cream, I kept this Valk with 235,000km and now have an F6B Black and loving it!

I have a 2008 roadstar. Love the bike but my wife wanted a comfortably ride to do some distance rides. As the saying goes " happy wife happy life " therefore the F6B. Now i have 3 loves

Vision to F6B

Just traded my Victory Vision for a F6B. The Vision is a great bike and the most comfortable out of the box that I have ever owned. I found the Victory 106 engine much better than any new Harley but it still needs some performance work to get it to the level I have come to expect. It was either invest a couple of grand in the Vision or go to a different platform. I am sure I will miss the comfort and amenities offered by the Vision but 75% of my driving is around town anyway. The F6B will be the 30th motorcycle I have owned and I don't think it will disappoint.

I currently own a '73 Honda XL250 with 7600 miles and '02 Honda VTX 1800C with 70K on it. Can't wait 'til I get my F6B.

And the winner is.........

It was me. I went on Canadas 911 ride last weekend. There was 250 plus bike for a great fundraiser. I bought tickets for a Harley 48 and the F6B. I won this honda for 1 year. including insurance, licence and maintenance. Can't wait to get it ........ . I was riding a 07 VTX 1300 T. I guess it will go in storage for a while. Apparently Honda will make a buy out offer at the end of the term to make me want to keep it.... Let's hope

skull

Traded my 2007 harley road king custom 2,600 klm only, saw the f6b and couldn't resist, I have had my black bagger for 1 week now done 500 klm and just love this bike.