May Consumer Reports Issue
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: May Consumer Reports Issue

May Consumer Reports Issue

Check the rating and repair history's of bikes on pg.52 of the new issue..First time I have seen them do motorcycles...Victory was number 1 in their testing...Honda did very well also, but HD got a big black mark for repairs and reliability....Okay read if you believe what this mag reports.......May issue......

What were the Honda troublespots?

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    What were the Honda troublespots?
    If you believe them it was comfort and acceleration, followed by cost of maintenance and repair????...Sounds like a lot of BS to me as most the data they claim they used for the ratings was done by owners from 2008-2014....I will stick to Motorcycle Consumer News for a much better system for testing/rating bikes....Ride safe

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Check the rating and repair history's of bikes on pg.52 of the new issue..First time I have seen them do motorcycles...Victory was number 1 in their testing...Honda did very well also, but HD got a big black mark for repairs and reliability....Okay read if you believe what this mag reports.......May issue......
    Victory my ASS!!! I had a cross country I just sold, horrible clutch for a bike that costs $ 22K. One day I just wanted to drop the bike in the middle of ride and walk home. Who the fu*k designed it's clutch. It was better bike than HD but still shitty for me. Its definitely got some positives but I don't want to even look at that bike anymore after my horrible experience. May be I just had lot of expectations. It's still a gr8 bike but needs lot of improvements. How the fu*k in today's world cruise control stops working after riding in rain. And they want to compete with HD. Hope they have learned something and used that experience to build better Indian.

If you believe them it was comfort and acceleration, followed by cost of maintenance and repair????...Sounds like a lot of BS to me as most the data they claim they used for the ratings was done by owners from 2008-2014....I will stick to Motorcycle Consumer News for a much better system for testing/rating bikes....Ride safe
    Hmm... I think parts and maintenance items are reasonably priced, but removing the plastic bits at $100/hr can add up. I wonder if this is what got their panties in a bunch.

shooter
    Comfort and acceleration??? Other than a V-Rod Harley don't make a bike that will run with a GW. Neither does Victory. I ride with Harleys and Victory's all the time. The B is always the class of the field.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Comfort and acceleration??? Other than a V-Rod Harley don't make a bike that will run with a GW. Neither does Victory. I ride with Harleys and Victory's all the time. The B is always the class of the field.
    Remember this is a Consumer Reports article based on motorcycle owners reports over several years...Most of which probably ride a 125 Honda and other bikes offered by Japanese makers....HD and Victory only make larger type bikes and I doubt they ever considered the F6B, GW, Valkyries, etc. in this report....Take it with a "grain of salt" and remember I only posted it for info....PS..I am not a fan of this Magazine and pay little attention to it...My wife likes reading it and pointed out the Motorcycle article......

Do they have a pdf or on-line copy of the report, sounds interesting!

Chris

Ride what makes you happy I do and right now it is my F6B