Windshields

Thread: Windshields

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wind Wings windshield

Today I had an 18" Wind Wings windshield installed at their shop in Plant City Fl. and I really like it. It is their stock sized GL 1800 replacement shield. No problem and easy install. We used the GL1800 "slider?" type windshield insert washers and smaller nuts. The windshield is similar to the F4 shield. As I have both now-- one on the F6B and one on my GL 1800 I will be able to compare them for wear and Optical clarity. I also had them install their mirror wings. They are 2x stronger, thinker and better made than the baker wings I have on the GL 1800. The metal hangers etc are all stainless steel an visually thicker and stronger looking. Good product and they are attending Wing Ding, Reno and several of the south east GWRRA rallys this season.

I had a BaggerShield 11"/19" convertible... was fine. I looked over the top when it was in short mode. Tall mode made things pretty quiet for me and the GF, but I had to look thru it then.

I just installed a Madstad 11"... nice change for me. Much quieter in the cockpit now, even though I still look over the top of the shield. I haven't use it with the GF on the back, yet... but I suspicion it will be just fine.

So far, I like the Madstad better. I'm 5'8" and using the stock seat.

"1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"