Windshields - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Windshields

This topic is well discussed on the forum, before plunking down benjamins on something, do a little research. I have a baggershield, mainly because I like having the option of extending it for rain and such. My wife has a klockworks, and she loves it. we also had our seats modifed somewhat, hers lowers 1.5" and pushes her up 2". I just had a heated element and backrest added.

The most popular shields listed on this forum seem to be:
    MadStad
    C. Bailey's
    Clearview
    Bagershield
    Klockwerks
    F4 Customs
    Honda OEM Tall

You can easily research any or all of them. You are most probably looking at an 11'-13" shield depending on the model you choose. Happy hunting!

I have used the Honda OEM tall and F4 customs. I prefer the F4 with tint and vent because of its clarity and the ability to clean with household glass cleaners due to its coating. I like to be able to look thru or over the shield so I chose an 18" model.

image.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I prefer the Baggershield over the others..5'9" and works great for me...Madstad is also okay if you can live with all the hardware!!...As said above, there are many good choices so do some research and don't spend a lot of money you do not have too....Ride safe

National Cycle Vstream is the best one I've tried for wind management with little to no buffeting. I only get buffeting in cross winds which is unavoidable on a bike regardless of windshield used. I look through the shield, but can look over it by changing my seating position. It's made for the Goldwing, but easily installs on the F6 with no modification. I've been through 4 shields before finding the Vstream.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas TC View Post
    The most popular shields listed on this forum seem to be:
    MadStad
    C. Bailey's
    Clearview
    Bagershield
    Klockwerks
    F4 Customs
    Honda OEM Tall

You can easily research any or all of them. You are most probably looking at an 11'-13" shield depending on the model you choose. Happy hunting!

I have used the Honda OEM tall and F4 customs. I prefer the F4 with tint and vent because of its clarity and the ability to clean with household glass cleaners due to its coating. I like to be able to look thru or over the shield so I chose an 18" model.

Attachment 12947
    Don't forget Windbender!

+1 on the VStream

Quote Originally Posted by Mufassa001 View Post
    Wow, love the forum, ordered my 2015 F6B, taking a trip from PA to the Florida Keys in May; need feedback on windshields, I'm not one for wind in the face or buffeting and I am certain the stock won't provide protection for the long trip, so how about helping me out with some great feedback, so very much appreciated!!! Keep the Shiny side up!!
    I recommend the Madstad windshield, completely adjustable, well designed

Thank you all so much for the feedback, it's not an easy choice as many of you have experienced. I truly appreciate all of the comments, I'd rather make an informed decision than one hoping for the best, I guess in the end, I'll be hoping for the best, lol!! I am waiting to get my bike which makes it harder because I can't check the height sitting on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mufassa001 View Post
    Thank you all so much for the feedback, it's not an easy choice as many of you have experienced. I truly appreciate all of the comments, I'd rather make an informed decision than one hoping for the best, I guess in the end, I'll be hoping for the best, lol!! I am waiting to get my bike which makes it harder because I can't check the height sitting on it.
    Just a last minute thought, the Keys in the summer are hot a lower shield is adviseable. Since Baggershield can convert from 11" to 19" I think, it would work great in PA as well as the Keys. Up for cooler nights no extension for the hot days. I'm 5'7" and my second shield was the Baggershield with flip extension. I now have a Clearview with vent.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

National Cycle VStream Special Edition Windshield

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    National Cycle Vstream is the best one I've tried for wind management with little to no buffeting. I only get buffeting in cross winds which is unavoidable on a bike regardless of windshield used. I look through the shield, but can look over it by changing my seating position. It's made for the Goldwing, but easily installs on the F6 with no modification. I've been through 4 shields before finding the Vstream.
    National Cycle tells me this windshield will not fit properly on my 2015 F6B and they are working on one that will fit and should be out within a couple of months.