Finally got out to test the new KUMHO - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally got out to test the new KUMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I just pulledd a trailer 1200 miles w/ a run flat tire...no issues...and have done this many times as well...hope this helps
    Me too, I prefer my CT when pulling the trailer. Feels very stable and I think it is better in the rain. I have the Michelin Alpin 38 psi.

Thanks guys. Could you recommend a tire brand and size for trailer towing please?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Exploring the world, one road at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by ISLANDER1089 View Post
    I previously owned a 2009 Street Glide. I fitted it with a trailer hitch to tow my 500 lb. loaded Aspen camper trailer. With the stock Harley rear tire the bike was very solid on the road pulling my trailer. I decided to go to the "darkside" before leaving on a one month road trip. Thankfully I did a dry run with the trailer before leaving town. The trailer was wagging the bike all over the road. It was dangerous. Oddly enough the CT was awesome without the trailer. I played with the pressure but nothing helped. My local bike dealer said that the sidewall on the CT was too thin compared to a MT and that was my real problem.
    Now my question: Does a run flat CT have stiffer sidewalls and does anybody out there have any experience with CT's and trailer towing?
    Late to the dance but a run flat CT definitely has thicker sidewalls that a normal one...maybe double.

I run a, 195/55R16 Michelin Alpin, 32* in flat land and 36* in the mountains
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Steve, thanks for the response. Is this a run flat tire with thicker side walls?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Exploring the world, one road at a time.

Yes... a snow tire !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Yes... a snow tire !!!
    Ain't you afraid it might melt in the FL sun?

I've been running a CT on a few of my M/C for many years, way longer than it became known as "darksiding".
    I don't promote nor discourage darksiding or even post about it very often.
    I believe every rider has to make up their own mind about darksiding, but what I have been know to do is let a guy ride one of my scoots with a CT and not tell him it is on there until they get off the bike.
    Some of the responses I have gotten are hilarious and one fellow wanted to come to blows thinking I had endangered his life by not telling him there was a CT on the rear, but could not fault the ride and notice no difference.
    There is a difference when you put a CT on a M/C, but you sure as hell ain't going to crash and burn and go up in a puff of smoke as some naysayers speculate, in fact I have not seen one report of any darksider crashing due solely to running a CT verses a M/C tire on the back of a M/C, yea some guys don't like the feel, but there again each to their own.
    I have not put a C/T on the F6 yet, but it will get one when new skins are needed.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

This is a valuable thread. Keep it coming. I have a buddy at work that is crazy nuts against a car tire. He becomes visibly upset to the point of vomiting when we discuss this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    This is a valuable thread. Keep it coming. I have a buddy at work that is crazy nuts against a car tire. He becomes visibly upset to the point of vomiting when we discuss this.
    Just replaced my General G-Max CT after 30,300 miles! According to the critics I should have crashed and burned several times over. I'm so terrified that the replacement tire is another G-Max. This is a non-run flat tire with a single sidewall. I love the 480 Thread/Tread Wear Rating along with A Temperature and A Traction Ratings. It's speed rated to 140MPH. There isn't a motorcycle tire made that carries any of these ratings, period! The critics haven't a inkling about what they are missing. So be it. I personally don't endorse Dark Side Riding but for me it's the only way to fly With the Bridgestone Battlax BT45 on the front, I have the critics $hitting themselves

shooter
    Bob turned me on to the G-Max and I thought it was great. Riding two up I ran 45 in the G and it handled really well. I still have the G mounted on my spare rim. I put chrome rims on the B and being a tire dealer I had to try the Alpin. Its great as well. I'm running 38 two up on the Michelin. I love the CT and the handling is great. Riding two up with gear I especially enjoy the higher load rating I get with the CT. For me its a win win.