Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
Perhaps our resident darkside expert, Bob109, would want to chime in on this as well but I also ran the Kumho tire and was happy with it. I'm glad you settled on lower air pressure though since less is required for the RF. After running the Kumho, I went with the Falken 612 and so far, I like it even better. The grip is truly awesome. Also, the Falken feels more like the stock tire due to a more rounded edge shape. It's not a RF so I am currently running around 37 psi and that seems to work quite well. And, for less than $100, this tire is a great buy.
You folks who are running the Run Flats will find the "sweet spot" between 32/34 PSI. The stiff multi-ply side walls more mirror a cycle tire I'm just about to change out my General G-Max. I've accumulated just over 30K miles and I'm very close to the "wear bars". The tire IMHO was a wise choice for me. I like the 1 ply sidewall which requires a pressure of 42/43 PSI for my weight and riding style. I have, for the most part, uniform wear across the entire thread/tread face. There's slightly more in the center of the tire due to the higher pressure I run. Nothing dramatic but it's noticeable. I plan on doing a "Tire Autopsy" once the Max is removed and I'll provide a comprehensive post with lots of pics.

Regards and Safe Riding

bob109