Madstad or Windbender - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Madstad or Windbender

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post

To all here, come to the rally, and look at what people have done to their bikes...see what you like and don't...see if you can ride their bike... I for one offered anyone to ride my bike to check out the Progressive Mono Tubes, I was charging $.50....
    The Rally is the weekend prior to Labor Day (Sep 7) right?

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    The Madstad is supposed to be more effective since the front screen is adjustable forward but some don't like the look. I chose the Wndbender because I like the way it follows the line of the bike. .
    I have mine about as close to the lines of the bike, as it's going to get. Notice also this shield is cut different at the bottom. I bought it from another forum member who didn't want the stock w/s cutout like everyone gets, and special ordered it. I like it better, and I think this position along with this shield is the best position I have tried for eliminating noise and turbulence. I look several inches over it.

Madstad

Had the baggershield, now have the Madstad and am not looking for anything else. Works as advertised or better.It is the least over-hyped accessory I've ever put on a bike, it just plain works.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    The Rally is the weekend prior to Labor Day (Sep 7) right?

Yews, there will be a few of us ride up together from FLA...leaving on the 3rd...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    I started with the baggershield and now I have the Clearview. The little curve at the top sends the turbulance over the helmet.
    My experience also. :
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2013 F6B Motor Trike Raptor

Wow, it seems that as lot of us have travelled the exact same path! I initially tried the Baggershield 11 inch (didn't get the flip up clear upper portion, because I can't stand to look through a windshield while on a bike). I was unhappy with the buffeting and general lack of wind protection with the Baggershield, so I went with the Windbender HPS 11 inch, and I LOVE it! I had the Windbender on my last full-up GL1800, so I knew how well it worked.

I definitely look over the windshield by 4-6 inches, and the majority of the wind goes right over my head at highway speed. At lower speeds, I do get just enough breeze to be pleasant.

The only problem I had was I had to cut new holes in the base portion of my Windbender in order to enable the base to be at what I felt was the proper height. I'm not sure if I was shipped the wrong version of the base shield (might have accidentally received the GL1800 version instead of the F6B version), but it was definitely way too high using the pre-cut holes.

Anyway, I do highly recommend the Windbender as an option. I have no experience to compare the Madstad, though, and that one also looks pretty effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Vol1chuck View Post
    Well, that's what I love about this forum. Thanks for the input. I will ask this, though...why the desire for the vent? I thought the whole idea of the vent in a windshield was to equalize the pressure in front of and behind the screen to eliminate buffeting.
    Yes you can have your cake and eat it too.
    Madstad and baker hand wings and the bakers will give you all that you desire for on those warm days!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have the Honda tall screen and find it very good but having put on a Mustang seat I'm finding that the top edge is right at my sight line. Will be looking at getting a Madstad.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Quote Originally Posted by DaWadd View Post
    I have the Honda tall screen and find it very good but having put on a Mustang seat I'm finding that the top edge is right at my sight line. Will be looking at getting a Madstad.
    What size are you thinking? The 11" Madstad can potentially sit high enough to block your line of sight too... I don't know how tall you are.

I *think* Madstad has a fair return/exchange policy but you might wanna call and check. I'd try the 11" first (unless you're as tall as Sasquatch) and hopefully be able to exchange for a 13" if needed.

My Last Windshield Purchase

I had the Honda tall windshield installed before I took delivery of my F6B, then tried a few other windshields.
    I didn't try the Windbender.
    None gave me the wind protection I wanted.
    Took my first ride with the Madstad this morning.
    It's probably what Honda should have put on the F6B as the OEM windshield.
    The wind protection is great, and yes, the radio is louder.
    No more windshield purchases for me, the Madstad is perfect.