OOOPS! Someone took a video
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OOOPS! Someone took a video

OOOPS! Someone took a video

http://calibrepress.com/2015/04/vide...video-emerges/

With the evidence so far, looks like a well deserved murder charge.

I don't know about the rest of you but I find it very interesting that someone else who knew the victim just happened to be taking video. Is it possible that the "friend" was taking video hoping to sucker some white policeman into doing something stupid? If so, I don't imagine they ever considered anybody actually getting shot over whatever they did to provoke this cop. Don't get me wrong on this...I'm not necessarily supporting the cop but I do have to wonder what happened before the video we get to see started rolling. I'd love to see the entire event covered on the news and not just a policeman shooting someone in the back. As Paul Harvey used to say, "and now, for the REST of the story".
    Ken (Hornblower)

I haven't heard that. As far as I know they never met. The videographer has met the family through this ordeal.

Got a link or something?

Quote Originally Posted by racer View Post
    I haven't heard that. As far as I know they never met. The videographer has met the family through this ordeal.

Got a link or something?
    As you say, we don't know much about the guy shooting the video and no, I have no more info than you do. I did see an interview with him and got the impression that he knew the victim but I don't know anything beyond that. As posted, I have more questions than answers and that was my point. Considering this event probably took only a few seconds, don't you find it interesting that someone just happened to be taking video and further, we're only being shown the part after the initial confrontation?
    Ken (Hornblower)

I found the video and watched it, not sure why shots were fired, it appears all shots were fired to the guys back while he was running??
    Curious about the object that the cop ran to pick up and drop near the guy he shot, kinda blurry. You don't get the whole context from the video I watched.
    The media may make this a big story for quite a while.
    I would imagine Al and Jesse are already en route.

Get real ...

33 years old , "very well trained" cop couldn't run , then apprehend 50 years old and unarmed man ? It doesn't matter , how one can like and respect police enforcement , but 8 bullets for broken light was NOT justified at all !!! Yes - the guy was due to pay child support . Now the State will pay for it and lawyers got richer .

The whole thing is so sad and it's happening too often.....................................

Chris

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Still don't have all of the facts.

The following video (click on YAHOO link below) shows the officer pulling over the deceased for a vehicle violation, in my opinion there is no way that the person that captured the second half of the altercation could have orchestrated to be at the same location at the same time. Just my 2 cents. Why did the deceased run? maybe there was a warrant for his arrest? maybe he was tired of constantly being harassed by LEO's? We may never know.

As I said earlier, I don't have the facts, but it does not look good for the officer based on what has come out.

http://news.yahoo.com/dash-cam-video...221654486.html

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    33 years old , "very well trained" cop couldn't run , then apprehend 50 years old and unarmed man ? It doesn't matter , how one can like and respect police enforcement , but 8 bullets for broken light was NOT justified at all !!! Yes - the guy was due to pay child support . Now the State will pay for it and lawyers got richer .
    Yes a 33 year old cop not being able to run down and tackle a 50 year old. I read somewhere that guy had been arrested a few times for not paying child support. He apparently just started a new job; he must have thought the cop would arrest him once again which would jeopardize his new employment. I am not saying this gave him the right to run but he did not deserve to get shot since he was not a threat to the officers life. The interesting part to me is that there are no cars in the video since this was a traffic stop and the victim was tased by the officer before running away. So Ken you do bring up a good point as to what happened before the video started, but again there is nothing in the video that gave the officer the right to fire his weapon.

Training Training Training is what is needed to stop this from continuing to happen.
    2004 R6
    2006 Black Ducati 749s
    2007 Special Edition ZX-14
    2009 HD V-Rod Night Rod
    2013 Honda F6B
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cwjj2001 View Post
    So Ken you do bring up a good point as to what happened before the video started, but again there is nothing in the video that gave the officer the right to fire his weapon.
    here you go .....

http://news.yahoo.com/dash-cam-video...221654486.html

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.