Big Goldwing Seat
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Goldwing Seat

Big Goldwing Seat

Looking at some of the big goldwings yesterday I couldn't help but notice they have a better seat. The seats just swap right over don't they? Considering finding one and making the swap. Thoughts?

NO......they are not interchangeable
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by selmore50 View Post
    Looking at some of the big goldwings yesterday I couldn't help but notice they have a better seat. The seats just swap right over don't they? Considering finding one and making the swap. Thoughts?
    Better is dependent on what you prefer. Most F6B riders like being able to sit further back into the seat as opposed to the closer Goldwing seat setup. As posted above, the seats are not interchangeable.

In my humble opinion:

For two up comfort go with Ruseell Day Long Seats as a custom seat, or Ultimate Seats as off the shelf one.

If riding solo (like myself) then have more options including Mustang Seat, which is what I use.

Goldwing seat definitely does not fit.

Personally I prefer F6B's riding position and even stock seat than Goldwing seat. GW seat always locked me in one position. With passenger GW seat is better than stock F6B seat. But then again if I rode two up mostly I would have kept my Goldwing.

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    Better is dependent on what you prefer. Most F6B riders like being able to sit further back into the seat as opposed to the closer Goldwing seat setup. As posted above, the seats are not interchangeable.
    Exactly, one of the things that attracted me to the F6B was the roomy flat seat.
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

The Corbin option will not only give you removable backrests, but the seat-butt is shaped more like a saddle than a plain flat step-up (which can be hard on the tailbone).

Lots of options out there, please go look at them.
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.

RRF6B
    Steve and Xknight - have you tried to install the GW seat on the F6B? If so, what didn't fit? Thanks, RRF6B.

Quote Originally Posted by RRF6B View Post
    Steve and Xknight - have you tried to install the GW seat on the F6B? If so, what didn't fit? Thanks, RRF6B.
    Different bolt positions?

RRF6B
    Not trying to be rude but if you don't know, just say you don't know or don't make a commit like you do know. Forums need facts not more question marks.

You're welcome for giving your question a bump and for offering a possibility.

In the english language a question mark indicates uncertainty. If I were trying to post definitively, I would not have put a question mark. Does that make sense now?